Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

Where do I begin?

My New Year's Resolutions this year were to 1. Be healthier and 2. Go Green. Pretty broad, huh? Well, at least it gives me a lot to work with. I don't usually make resolutions so I am not sure why I did this year, but I am SO glad that I did. This is what we have done so far.

1. Being Healthier
I have tried to eat more food. That is real food. Not food with a bunch of preservatives and HFCS. This has been tricky, but is going pretty well. I started buying more organic foods. I also bought the book The Superfoods Rx Diet: Lose Weight with the Power of SuperNutrients. I REALLY like buying new cookbook and diet books for some reason. (I have started going to the library to try to satisfy this addiction of mine. ) I also try to have a green smoothie every morning. It makes me feel healthier and I get a good serving of spinach first thing in the morning. Can't beat that. The tricky part is getting my kids to eat healthy. That will be a topic for another day.

2. Going Green
I think I am driving my husband crazy with all of this green business. We already recycle and I am a vegetarian so I guess we are ahead of the curve in that aspect. So at the beginning of the year I started researching things that we could do to make a difference. Our first step was eliminating all of the individual water bottles that we drink. No more bottled water at our house. I bought a couple of Sigg Lifestyle Loop Top Water Bottle (1.0-Liters) as motivation and that has worked out pretty well. Then I bought some ChicoBag Reusable Shopping Bags to take to the grocery store. I know these are small steps, but every little bit helps, right? I can't wait for May so I can start going to the farmer's market.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails