Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Theme Thursday- Imagination

Harper has such a vivid imagination. She lives in a world of fantasy and fairy tales. Mitch is much better at the pretend play than I am. I just can't always get into a role and play it for very long. I would much rather play chase, hide and seek, kick the ball around, color, paint, or build something with blocks. Pretty much anything except pretend play. With Miller this is fine, but it just doesn't jive with Harper. She wants to play School or Princess or Star Wars. I feel guilty that I don't engage with her enough in this aspect so I try to strike a balance between the two. A couple of weeks ago, I suggested that we build a Fairy House.

DSC_0693_edited-1

I know it may be hard to make out, but this is a Fairy House. We gathered things from around the yard and got to work. I constructed the basic structure and they added all the personal touches. I wish I had just one ounce of their imagination.

Be sure to visit The Land of K.A. for more great photos.

10 comments:

Killlashandra said...

I love your fairy house! I can totally see it. I think fairies would love to come and stay there. All you need is a circle of mushrooms out front and you have the perfect spot for them. ;)

Sometimes I think the older I get the harder it is to do that kind of role playing with kids. Pirates and cowboys obsess W.W. right now. And most days I just can't get it into either. However, match him up with another little boy and they're thrilled together.

Megan said...

you must have some very happy fairies :)!

Dawn said...

That's beautiful! I have fond memories of making fairy houses with my daughter and her Girl Scout friends at camp, too fun!

Stacy said...

Love it! That's a great way to foster their imagination and "do something" at the same time. What a good mommy!

COTTON MOMMA said...

Tell Harper I just love the fairy house, it looks so cool!

Joanna said...

That is a great idea. Ella and I have been pretending to plant things in the yard. I never thought about building a fairy house. I totally know what you mean though, it is very hard for me to get into the pretend play. I wonder if its because we have to live in the real world too much as adults?

Kimberly said...

What a wonderful idea and little farie house!!! That would definately make Tink proud. Great job Mom!!!

Rose said...

I love your fairy house, I had a feeling that that is what it was before I even read anything.

Cara said...

I love Fairy Houses. I use to make those along with Gnome Homes in the small woods behind my grandfathers house. I would spend hours perfecting them.

Christina said...

LOVE this! What a darling little fairy house. I saw this idea recently and can't wait to do it with N. I know what you mean, tho, about it being hard to live in their immaginary world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails