Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Best Shot Monday- Many Different Ways

I have been having SO much fun playing with my new camera. Once the shot is taken, then what? Since the quality is so much better now, I have not been doing too much editing. There are just some shots that have so much potential. Here is a shot that I took while on a walk last week. I have edited it 3 different ways.

This is straight off the camera.

wagon

Changed to black & white, added a border

wagon bw border

Saturated the color a bit, added a vignette and border

wagon pop

Went the other way with the saturation, added vignette and border

wagon soft

Saturated the color a little bit using Microsoft Digital Pro and added a different border.

wagon edited

So what do you think? Which one do you like better? Any suggestions? Maybe I should try to edit out the power lines. I do not see Photoshop in my near future so I am making due with what I have available to me. Advice and criticism is very welcome.

12 comments:

Killlashandra said...

You're right, that first picture turned out great. I love the bit of light illuminating his head what a wonderful shot. :)

Looking through your pictures I like the first black and white and the last saturated one with the thicker border. I think the pin stripe white line helps delineate the saturation in the picture from the border. Nice work. :)

Andi said...

What a fabulous photo- the one I like best (and believe me, I liked them all, and had a hard time choosing one) was the 3rd one with saturated color, vignette and border. It is almost like he is outlined with light, and the greens are so vivid. Really nice effect!

Jaimee said...

That is an AWESOME photo...I love that evening light..it is my favorite! The 3rd one is my favorite! If you can edit out the power lines, that would make it just perfect!

Christina said...

Fantastic job! Your SOOC image is absoltuely lovely, and each edit evoke a different feeling. the last two are my favorites. Such a timeless shot!

Allison said...

I like the 3rd one, you should frame it.
What kind of camera do you use?

Allison said...

Oh, never mind, I found the post where you talk about your "new baby." I needed to back up a bit on the posts.
Great shots!

Maya said...

I love all of them but I am a sucker for saturated photos!

Kara said...

Me too - I am a saturation freak! I like those the best :)

Very cute pic.

Maggie said...

WOW - this is a great shot! I love them all...I can't even pick a favorite!

Anonymous said...

These all look great, and I love the photo. My favorite, personally, is the third one. I like the saturated color and the vignette. Beautiful!

Rose said...

You started with an exceptional shot, so they are all fantastic. I think it becomes a matter of personal taste after that. Mine being the first saturated color with vignette, it has kind of a low-key Lomo feel to it. Very nice!

Joanna said...

I like #3 and #5. I think the colors are beautiful and the vignette really adds alot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails