Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe

DSC_5841 

 You know we are all about smoothies at my house.  Well, if you are like me I can't get enough of pumpkin right now.  This smoothie definitely satisfies that craving.  The kids love it too.  It makes the perfect after school treat.


Pumpkin Pie Smoothie- serves 4

Ingredients:

1 can of pureed pumpkin ( I use the organic stuff from Whole Foods)
2 bananas (frozen would make it extra yummy)
2 cups of milk of choice (I use almond milk)
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger

Place all the ingredients in the blender. Blend away and enjoy.  Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon to make it extra special.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

This sounds so yummy! If using the recipe as your ingredients list...what nutrition facts can you provide? I am watching my cholesterol but looking at the list sounds like it may be a good option. Thanks!

julee said...

We tried a pumpkin smoothie today minus the banana. ICK! lol! I had to add lots of sugar....defeats the purpose I know...but I couldn't throw it out! So next time I'll try adding the banana or apple for sweetness.

We are enjoying our green drinks everyday. I even feel healthier.

my favorite - kiwi/grapes/cilantro/lime/spinach/celery. very bright and springy. Delish!

Julie

Run Lori Run said...

I've been trying to find a good pumpkin smoothie recipe as my attempts so far have been pretty mediocre. Thanks for the recipe!!

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,

I'm bookmarking this and am going to make it for my children.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails