Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

New Greener Mama

I have been so focused lately on getting healthy, tasty meals on the table, I have not put too much thought into what I need to do next to accomplish a greener lifestyle. I have started a compost pile. I have also been working on the foundation for my herb garden. We spent a good portion of the weekend pulling weeds from our yard. I am proud to say we have not used any chemicals on our yard this spring. So I have not been completely idle, but I know I still need to do more. Here's my to do list for April:

1. Take shorter showers (this is probably going to be the hardest for me)
2. Install a low flow showerhead in our bathroom.
3. Start unplugging appliances such as coffee maker and toaster when not in use. (maybe install a power strip that can be turned off)
4. Constistently turn off the power strip for the computer and accessories.
5. Turn off the lights in the rooms not in use.
6. Start recycling cardboard, cereal boxes, etc. (I am not sure why we don't do this already)
7. Only wash my clothes if they are truly dirty. ( I have a tendency to wear something once and throw it in the laundry)
8. Mix up some more homemade cleaners to have on hand for cleaning
9. Drink more water (means less bottles, cans, etc.)
10. Plug the TV, DVD player, Wii, etc into a power strip and turn it off when not in use.

I am sure I will think of something else to add to the list, but I am taking it one step at a time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails