Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Funny Faces

What do you get when you have a silly 4 year old, a snack, a blanket in the grass, and a mom playing around with her 50mm lens? A whole lot of funny faces of course!!! I have been a little obsessed with getting my hands on the new Nikon AF-S 35 mm 1.8 lens, but I am waiting in line patiently. In the meantime, I have been playing around with my old 50 mm lens. Manually focusing is getting easier and I am getting better with the exposure too. It helps when you have a stinkin' cute subject to photograph.

DSC_1868-edited






DSC_1869-edited






DSC_1891-edited






DSC_1870-edited

We were sitting in the grass enjoying the beautiful weather. The lighting was perfect. Her eyes were glowing. She was still a little snuggly from just waking up from her nap. Her hair was a little messy. I couldn't get enough of her. Rarely do I grab my camera and capture the moment exactly as I remembered it. Especially when photographing the kids. These photos come pretty close for me. I could have stared at her and taken photos of her for hours.

Harper has her preschool graduation tonight, which means we are one step closer to kindergarten. Yikes. I am still in denial. I am not ready for her to go to kindergarten.




DSC_1873-vintage




DSC_1888 bw

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Harper's eyes are absolutely amazing, especially in the third photo! I really like the aged effect on the second to last photo. Great shots!

L~ said...

these photos are stunning! Those eyes...!!

Dawn said...

Oh, those are lovely!

I need a lesson from you on how to use my PS Elements...I just get overwhelmed, so I don't use it (not good).

Been coming by, sorry for no comments....been trying to get back into blogging again. I can feel it coming back...I think ;)

Jaimee said...

What a great set! I'd say you did a great job with manually focusing!!! I'm with Kimberly, I love that second to the last - I can see it on a canvas!!

Unknown said...

Oh, what a perfect afternoon and captures! I think my finest photos are ones just taken while we are lying around int the yard or park, just playing around.

You are doing MUCH better with the manual focus than I am...although my 50mm is by far one of my fave lenses. Are you waiting to rent the 35mm or buy??

And the first day is so hard letting them go - but I'm sure Harper will be like Emma and SO IN LOVE with going to k-garten that it gets so much easier to let her go each day. Plus you have all summer to love on her and get ready!!

Christina said...

She is such a delightfully gorgeous, quirky, silly gal! Love her. And dang girl, totally nailing manual fcous!! Such a sweet set.

Cara said...

I love the textures! Wow Kindergarten!

Joanna said...

Wowzas Jen, Your manual focus is fantastic. I dont think you have a problem there! I know what you mean about the messy hair and not being able to get enough of her. I feel like that with Ella too. Its like falling in love with them all over again. :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails