Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Best Shot Monday-Painted Hand Festival

On Saturday we ventured out to the Country Ham Festival. My daughter kept calling it the Painted Hand Festival, which does have a nice ring to it. We always have so much fun at these little events. There is always so much for the kids to do and of course so many photo ops.

Here's my niece getting her face painted. She must be hanging around my kids too much because she didn't want to smile for me either. Those stinkers.

DSC_0223_edited-1


DSC_0222_edited-1



Can you believe she is actually smiling? She loves getting her face painted.




DSC_0217_edited-1


The train was stuck. There was too much weight to make it up this hill. A couple of adults had to jump out. It was pretty funny.

DSC_0234_edited-1





DSC_0227_edited-1

The Country Ham Festival would not be complete without some pig races, right?

DSC_0244_edited-1

I am choosing this as my best shot because it just seems appropriate. Happy Monday everyone.

Race on over to Mother May I for some more best shots.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm feeling bad for the piggies at the ham festival. They would have been much safer at the Hand Festival.

Megan said...

the painted hand festival has such a nice ring to it -- love those pigs, though:).

Never That Easy said...

I think they should rename your festival - Painted Hand sounds like much more fun than Ham. I love the one of her smiling... It's such a treat to catch them with a genuine smile.

kim said...

Looks like a blast! I love the pics of the girls getting their faces painted.

Cara said...

I like the face painting photos the best, both girls have beautiful eyes. The pigs are cool, made me laugh.

Kimberly said...

Great pics all. Love the list on the side of the train. :)

Christina said...

I agree- the festival should adopt your daughter's name as its official title! Great pics - love the face paint!

Jaimee said...

Looks like an awesome time! You captured some great eyes in these!!!

MGF said...

The second shot- her eyes are so bright.
Looks like fun.

Blueberry said...

painted hand... wonder how she got that? it does have a nice ring to it though. :)
great pictures!

cherish.photography said...

Wow! Great colors!

Rose said...

That looks like a lot of fun, especially the Hams, er, pigs racing!

Can you believe my 3-year-old wants nothing to do with face painting? Now train rides, that's another story.

Joanna said...

Your niece has wicked blue eyes. Beautiful. Looks like you guys had fun. You cant go wrong with face painting!

Killlashandra said...

I love the racing piggies. I even had to show my 3 year old who promptly ran around house declaring everything a racing piggie. ;) Too funny.

Looks like an excellent time. I can't blame her face painting, I'd do it too if I could.

Maggie said...

Oh those blue eyes in the first shots -- amazing!

Stacy said...

That looks like so much fun! Love the shots of the girls getting their faces painted - such cuties!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails