Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cock a Doodle Doo

***Warning this post may contain material unsuitable for children. Oh wait. Maybe it is suitable. After all these photos are from a children's book.

I try to check out several new books each week from the library so that the kids have new books to read. I usually search Amazon or remember recommendations from podcasts. I am not sure how I happened upon In the Night Kitchen. I believe it was from ratings on Amazon. Anyway, I reserved it at the library and did not think much of it. You will imagine my surprise when I read it to my daughter that night.


DSC_0210




DSC_0208

I am an open person and am not easily offended, so I took the book in stride. I actually thought it was kind of funny. But it did leave me wondering. Maybe I should read the book before I sit down to read it to my kids. My daughter of course immediately asked to go back to the "wee wee" pages so she could get another look. Oh boy. Does anyone else think this is a little strange?

5 comments:

MGF said...

Who would of thought that you should proof read a children's book. I think the illustrations are rather funny.

Jaimee said...

OMG!!!! Ummm...yeah, that is a little...ok a LOT weird!!! Craziness!

Stacy said...

Ummmm...yeah! That is so strange!

Maggie said...

Ha ha ha! I found the SAME book at my library -- and did the same thing...take pictures of it!

Joanna said...

Wow.....I think I would have shut the book instead of having to answer questions from Ella about his wee-wee! :)

I think of myself as an open person too, but I too would have been surprised to see that in a childrens book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails