Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Wonderful World of Felt

I have been eyeing all of these fun felt crafts for awhile now. I have been searching thrift stores for wool sweaters to felt, but have had little success. I guess there is not a huge need for wool sweaters in Tennessee. I really did not want to buy anything. It has been so gratifying using recycled materials to complete my projects. In a moment of weakness, I headed to Joann's to look at felt. As I was browsing through the different colors, I noticed the label said Eco-Fi Felt made in USA from recycled post consumer plastic bottles. Cha-Ching. Jack pot. Now my splurge was justified and I was able to craft away.


DSC_0323_edited-1




DSC_0328_edited-1


I hand stitched all of these, which was nice because I could do it watching TV. I want to try some designs using the sewing machine. My mind has been racing with all kinds of things I can do with the felt. But you never know, I might become obsessed with something new before I get around to it. Sigh. I make myself tired. Why do I do this to myself?

9 comments:

Christina said...

These are so cute! And so clever! I love it. And you know, I could see Etsy success??

Cara said...

I love these, too cute. Did you draw a pattern out first or just free hand cut out the felt?

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Thank you so much for the idea and motivation. I am going to be teaching my children how to sew this school year and couldn't come up with a decent project for my older son and daughter that would interest both. This will be perfect. Also, there is this book we love One Moose, Twenty Mice and I have wanted to make the pictures for display which look like felt pieced pictures. While they are working on their project, I guess I can pick up some felt too and get busy.

Jaimee said...

Those look so yummy...especially those sugar cookies! What a fun project!

Joanna said...

Those are so cute. What a crafty little mama you are! :)

Killlashandra said...

Those turned out great. :)

Felt-o-rama said...

I absolutely adore your creations - especially the peapod! I just love working with the recycled felt, too.

Stacy said...

What a great job!! You did so wonderful on these. It looks like it might have taken awhile, but so worth it. The kids will get lots of play out of their mommy-made food. I have seen them on etsy too and thought about doing it. Right now I don't have the time (energy??) to do it, though.

Kimberly said...

I love those! I'm going to have to go out and buy some felt this weekend and make those eggs for my daughter's kitchen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails