Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I had a bunch of zucchini I needed to use so I decided to make some Chocolate Zucchini Bread. The first go around I used this recipe, which was very yummy. The kids referred to it as birthday cake. I still had some zucchini left so I thought I would try to make it a bit healthier. Here's the recipe I formulated based on the one above. I think it turned out just as good as the original one.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

2 oz Chocolate Chips (melted)
3 eggs
1 cup organic raw cane sugar
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 cups grated zucchini (I grated one large zucchini)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole grain pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a bundt cake pan. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, applesauce, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into bundt cake pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Mmmmm...I love Zucchini and I love making it in bread. I bet the cake is delicious!

Killlashandra said...

Oh this has to be good. I make a chocolate zucchini bread too and everyone eats it never questioning the green stuff in it. :) I'll have to try the cake.

MGF said...

It sounds Yum-O.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails