Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Menu Monday Recipe Review Apr.27-May 1


Miller's enjoying Monday nights meal.

This week went pretty well. I have to admit it was a pretty lazy cooking week for me, which is not a bad thing.

Saturday: Cottage Cheese Egg Muffins
I planned to make these last week, but didn't get around to it until Saturday. Personally, I REALLY liked these. The kids wouldn't eat them, but that left more for me. I had one as a mid-morning snack each day this week and it hit the spot.

Sunday: Chicken Thighs, Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
The kids loved the ribs. I made veggie burgers for me. They were really good. I halved the recipe and still had enough for lunch this week.

Monday: Balsamic Glazed Salmon, Corn on the Cob, Broccolini
I ended up making some macaroni and cheese too, which was gobbled up by the kids.

Tuesday: Fettucine Alfredo (This is one of the only meals my daughter will eat so we have it a lot) and Caesar Salad
Good easy meal. The sauce is not spectacular, but better for you than kind in a jar.

Wednesday: Swimming Rama, Rice, and Spinach
This was by far the easiest meal and yummy too. The Swimming Rama (coconut curry chicken and tofu for me) was already cooked. It was thawed in the fridge and warmed in a pan. I used frozen brown rice from Whole Foods, which tastes better to me than when I make it from scratch. I sauteed the spinach with some garlic for about 2 minutes just enough to wilt it some.

Thursday: Pizza and leftover salad
Well, I decided to take the kids to the library when I picked them up from daycare. A movie was due and it seemed like a fun thing to do. The pizza dough from the fridge was past the sell by date by about 2 months. So no calzones...Anyway, I picked up frozen pizza from Whole Foods.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails