Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

My Garden's Growing

My garden is really growing. We have had just enough sunshine and rain to get my herb garden growing. The Nasturtium has reached the point where it needs to be thinned out. This is the point I have been dreading. I was so happy to see the little plants emerge. I don't want to pluck them out, but it has to be done. The instructions on the seed package say to gradually thin to 18 inches apart once the seedling reaches 1 inch tall. So for the last couple of days I have been looking at my little plants and thinking about what I should do next.


I finally did it. I concentrated on the ones that were growing right next to each other. When I pulled them up, I could see how they sprouted from the seed that I planted. It was so cool. I couldn't just throw them out, so I replanted them around the yard. I am not sure if they will actually grow, but it will be interesting to see what happens. I know I will have more thinning to do and it will get easier.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails