Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Friday Finds- I Have Been Thrifting

I racked up on some more good stuff at Goodwill on Friday. Our local Goodwill store is huge and always has tons of great deals. You have to be patient and dig through lots of stuff, but it is so worth it.


DSC_0830


In the picture above, are curtains on the left, a purple satin nightgown, a navy velvet dress, and 4 books. I liked the material of the curtains and thought I could possibly make a skirt out of it. My daughter has not wanted to take off the navy dress eventhough it is 90 degrees outside.


DSC_0832

I thought these two dresses would be perfect for dress up.

DSC_0833


The blue and black top is for me. I loved the material of the other shirt. I thought it would make a cute purse. I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but that is okay. And are you ready for the grand total? Under $12. Yep, that's right. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

I have been thinking about joining Wardrobe Refashion, but I am just not sure. If I really knew how to sew maybe. I still love looking at what other people come up with. If you get a chance, you should check it out.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow, that's quite a haul on the cheap! I need to go to goodwill and see if there are some vintage finds I can use for photo ops. I'd love to find some fancy dresses, too.

Kimberly said...

Hiya Jen!

I just came across your blog via the Green Mom Finds blogroll. I was so excited to find another mother in which I had so much in common!

I am a mother of a 3 1/2 year daughter with another girl on the way - due Sept. 2008. I also live in Tennessee (East TN)and in 2 weeks will have been married 8 years! I also am striving to live a more eco-conscious, organic, and earth friendly lifestyle while instilling the same in my child(ren).

I have added your blog to my read list and will definitely be back!

Cheers,
Kimberly aka Tree Huggin' Mummy :)

Homegrown Tribe said...

don't you just love goodwill... ours is huge too and we always find tons of stuff there. what would i do without it. ha!

brittany

Joanna said...

Holy Cow! Under $12.00!! Thats awesome. I go there once in a while too. I havent been for a long time, you have inspired me to head on over there. I bought a desk there a few months ago so I could have something small in my living room for when I need to work on my laptop (I work from home), I spent 6.50 on the desk and thought that was great! But once I spent the money on stripping, sanding and repainting it, it probably cost me more like 50-60.00. Hubby just laughed at me.

Jaden Paige said...

Wow, I love your finds! I SOOO miss having a big Goodwill in town... Sometimes you can find such gems there! I have always liked checking there for furniture, too... Sometimes you can find the most unique pieces for so cheap, and then re-cover or stain them and Voila! you have a masterpiece :)
I moved to a small town, so thanks for indulging my thrifty shopper here. I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails