Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Harvesting Some Basil

basil harvest

Look at all that basil. I have been meaning to harvest my basil for the last couple of weeks. I wanted to catch it before it flowered. So I finally found the time last night. The problem wasn't cutting it back. It was deciding what to do with it. Kalyn had a very timely post explaining how to freeze fresh basil. So that's what I did. Maybe next go around I will dry some.

The purple basil had already begun to flower so I clipped those back as well and I am hoping to dry the seeds to plant for next year.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with all my parsley and dill.

4 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

yummy! I can smell it from here. :)

brittany

Kimberly said...

Check out this site...
www.makeandtakes.com
They just posted a Basil Pesto recipie!

Stacy said...

Ooooh, that looks like a bunch of basil pesto with pine nuts and parmesan....YUM! My basil looks meager compared to yours. :)

Solusi Sehat dengan Herbal said...

This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

Cara Menyembuhkan Nyeri Punggung
Pengobatan Alami untuk Tipes
Cara Mengobati Kuku Cantengan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails