Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My First Baby Blanket

This is the last project I finished. It is a baby blanket for my sweet niece. My mom had given me the purple minkee fabric and this gave me a perfect excuse to use it. When I first started the blanket, I thought how hard can it be? Well, let me tell you I am now an expert seam ripper. I eventually said the heck with it and decided there was no way I was going to make it look perfect. There is definitely no mistaking it is handmade, which is a good thing, right?

DSC_1005

I have been thinking about sewing a lot lately, but not actually sewing. I have been collecting materials from the Goodwill and also putting aside some of our worn out clothing. I want to make several things using reclaimed fabric. Hopefully, I will have something to post soon.

Oh, and here is a photo of my new niece. She is so precious.

callie1


*I am having major computer problems at home (probably because of the thousands of pictures I have saved). We are in the process of moving everything off our laptop to an external hard drive. If I disappear for a couple of days, don't worry. I will be back, hopefully.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

She is adorable! I know you must be a very proud Aunt.

Christina said...

Ooooh, how completely gorgeous! Both the blanket and the sweet baby girl!

Stacy said...

That is an adorable blanket! Great job! So, it's satin on one side?? Yeah, I hate sewing with satin since it's so dang slippery. I've been doing lots of planning for sewing and not so much sewing. I need to get active with it again. Especially since Fall will be here before we know it!

Your niece is just adorable, too. Too sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails