Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Best Shot Monday- Lazy Sunday Afternoon

After the kids woke up from their naps today, we spent some time playing around the yard. I spent the morning cleaning so it was nice to have no plans, no chores waiting, just time to chill out. I had a blanket laid out so that I could be lazy and enjoy the occasional breeze. So when my kids decided to plop down on the blanket I immediately capitalized on the opportunity to snap a photo. This was the only photo I took because as soon as my daughter realized I was taking her photo she jumped up and went to play. Ohhh, one day she will appreciate it, right? Luckily, this one turned out ok. There is just something about it. I promise she does smile sometimes. Just not when I have the camera in my hands.

DSC_0193_edited-1

There are more Best Shot Monday photos over at Tracey's.

17 comments:

MGF said...

I like that you see your son in the background.
What a pretty dress to be in after a nap.

Joanna said...

I think this photo came out more than ok, Jen. Its wonderful to be able to enjoy your day with nothing lingering over your head. I bet when you look at this photo, you will remember that feeling....Or you will remember that she jumped up once she saw camera in hand! Dont you hate that! :)

Megan said...

it's nice to be able to grab one shot before they're onto you, eh?

Christina said...

Joanna's right - it's more than "okay!" I love this shot. Her calm, steady gaze and your son in the background...it's lovely.

Anna Sawin said...

It really is beautiful. Sometimes all you need is just one frame when you get it!

emily said...

What a great capture of a relaxing Sunday afternoon. I'm sorry she didn't stick around for more pictures, but the one you got turned out perfectly.

Andrea said...

I love shots like these! We also took some time last week to sit and just chill.

My daughter also smiles, but hardly in front of my camera. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's an incredible shot! Her eyes just mesmerize me. :D

The Source said...

Just wait until she's a teenager and she'll probably run around taking her own picture a million times a day...and making goofy faces and pouty faces and funky faces. Or am I the only one who's kid does that??

I like the photo...there's just something so peaceful about it.

ELK said...

many thanks Jen for bringing back sweet memories in that photo!

Unknown said...

sometimes you only need one! it is perfect, and i love that the man is in the background, too!

Brittany said...

What an intense face! So beautiful!

Blueberry said...

smile or no smile, she is lovely! what a great picture. :)

Jaimee said...

Beautiful! I love those non-smile face pictures...those are usually my favorites!

Rose said...

What a sweet moment. Harrison is like that too. I'll see a great shot and grab the camera, he'll so a sprint to get away.

Stacy said...

She seems to have the Children of Photographers Syndrome LOL! Well, I love the serious look - very nice shot of her. The lazy afternoons sounds totally wonderful, too. :)

Maggie said...

What a wonderfully relaxing shot! It makes me want to go lay outside and take a rest...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails