Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Idle With a Chance For Flare

The theme for Theme Thursday is Idle. I knew that taking photos of the kids was out of the question. There is no chance of idleness there. So I decided to take a different approach. I have been trying to get some good flare shots and just have not been able to quite get it right. On Tuesday something clicked (no pun intended) and I finally captured some flare. I took these shots in our backyard. They are all SOOC (straight out of the camera).

DSC_1701





DSC_1702




DSC_1703

When I look at these photos, I feel like time was frozen for a split second and I captured it. The theme this week is very timely. I know I need to slow down. I have too many things running through my head. Too many things I want to do and learn. What I really need to learn to do is enjoy the moment. Be idle for once.

Head on over to Stacy's and see if anyone else has been idle his week.

11 comments:

Christina said...

LOL - great minds think alike! Come check out my post of the day. ;o) These are all great, but LOVE that first one!!

Megan said...

you are workin' that flare, girl! you and christina both posted great flare photos!

Stacy said...

Great job! I love these sunflare shots. :) I know, trying to catch the kiddos being idle is like trying to win the lottery LOL!

I have a hard time being idle, too, the same as you. There is so much I want to do and learn and create. It's hard to just sit still and be.

Killlashandra said...

I so know what you mean when it comes to taking idle pictures of the kids. They have to be asleep in order to get a picture of them being idle. Great outdoor shots. I agree with this idea too as mine is all about a rainbow this week.

Cara said...

I love the flare. I was just telling Momology and These Small Wonders how I want to learn how to capture flare.
Great photos!

Anonymous said...

Great great flare shots. Nice job.

Jaimee said...

Oh how I hear you on this...soooo much running through the brain! Nature is the best way to be idle, even if for a second! GREAT job on the flare!

Unknown said...

You and Christina both today - rockin' the flare! Nice shots!

Joanna said...

Great flare shots, Jen. Dont you LOVE it when something just clicks? I think my favorite is the last one.

Maggie said...

Jen these flare shots are amazing! Wow!

MGF said...

Nice flare. I really do need to figure this out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails