Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

ttv me

I had nothing of real significance to blog about today so I thought I would just ramble on about some things going on in my mind.

First of all, I played around with the Through The Viewfinder technique that Christina talked about a couple of weeks ago to process the photo above. I was messing around last night and realized that I could see my reflection in the back door. None of the photos came out that great, but thought it my work well with the TTV look.

Next, my daughter is in love with the site Totlol. I heard about it from the Jumping Monkeys podcast. It is basically a compilation of You Tube videos that are appropriate for kids. My daughter can scroll through the videos and click the ones she wants to watch. She feels so independent and there are some cute little videos on there. I don't want her to get in the habit of sitting in front of the computer for hours, but it is a good option every now and then.

Also, I have been tinkering around with the idea of making our own yogurt. We go through quite a bit of yogurt at our house. Anyone tried this? Have any advice? We recently found out that our recycling center does not take #5 plastics, which is what are yogurt containers happen to be. I knew we were messing up the system.

Lastly, I wanted to update you on my progress with the no new clothes challenge. Besides a new pair of shoes and a leotard for my daughter, I have not purchased any new clothes for the kids or myself for that matter. This is good for me. I am still holding strong.

3 comments:

Christina said...

LOVE the picture! Seriously LOVE it! The reflection and red frame are too cool.

My sister makes her own yogurt, and says its qutie simple. I want to try it too, just haven't made it happen yet. Hmmm, I wonder if my recycling center is hating me for yogurt containers, too...

Kimberly said...

We make our own pudding. It's so much cheaper and tastes better than the pre-packaged stuff. I bought several small re-usable containers and use those for when we need to carry snacks. It really makes you feel better about doing something to help the enviroment. The fact that it's cheaper is an added bonus!

Jaimee said...

Perfect picture for TTV! I love your reflection! Wow, making your own yogurt...you are ambitious girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails