Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What a Labor Day Weekend

The kids did not have daycare on Friday so we had a four day weekend. And boy did we make the most of it. We started the day off with a trip to the park.

monkey bars

My son decided a snack was more enticing. Don't you love the little crumbs on his face?

crumbs 2

Then we went to the library and picked up some books and movies. Our next stop was Target. Yes, I was bad and my family gave me a really hard time about my Target spree. But that's ok. I can take it. My daughter really needed some new shoes. For the last several years she has had the same shoes, which were of course from Target. She has wide feet so it is hard to find shoes that are comfortable and that she will wear. She has high fashion standards. Anyway, the ones from Target have been a favorite so my intention was to get the same shoes. I just was not sure of the size. Ok, so I am rambling trying to justify my Target trip, but that is ok. Well, she did not want those shoes. She wanted the Hannah Montana (she has never watched the show) shoes. She was persistent and very determined to walk away in these shoes instead. I gave in. Maybe they will be comfy. I will spare you on my other frivilous purchases. No need to go there.

hannah shoes

On Saturday, we received our first delivery from Plumgood Food. They are a grocery delivery service. We had a coupon so I thought we would try them out. The biggest hit was the dry ice that came in the totes to keep the groceries cold.

dry ice

I coerced my daughter into getting all of her hair chopped off. Doesn't she look cute?
haircut

That night we went to our friend's house and the kids had a blast.

scrunched up face 2

Who wouldn't?
4 wheelin


Sunday was the family reunion. When we got home, the kids were pooped out. We did not do much that night. Just hung out at home. On Monday, we made another trip to the park. My daughter has been WAY into Star Wars lately. My husband and daughter have been bonding over their love for Star Wars. It is sweet in a strange kind of way. So when the kids got up from their naps on Monday they had a little surprise. My husband went to Wal-mart and bought them Light Sabers. My little girl has been begging for one all weekend. He sent them on a scavenger hunt and told my daughter that some Jedi knights came while they were sleeping. Oh, my gosh. This was by far the highlight of the weekend for my little girl. She even slept with her Light Saber last night. What have we done?

DSC_1351

We ended the weekend with dinner at my in-laws. Great Grandpa is in town and the kids were so excited to see him. Whoa, now I feel like I need a nap just from recapping our action packed 4 day weekend. Thanks if you stuck with me through this forever long post.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I LOVE her haircut - that is adorable!

Christina said...

Goodness, that is a jam packed weekend of fun! Her hair is adorable. And dry ice - how fun!

COTTON MOMMA said...

Tell Harper I love her hairdo! I liked it the first time it was cut like this, so cute!

Kimberly said...

Love the new haircut! Looks like you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

Joanna said...

Wow, you did have a packed weekend! Great shot of the dry ice. Ella loves to ride on our 4 wheelers up north too...constantly asking for a ride. I love the new hair cut too. She looks like a sweet little girl. And Target, who the hell can stay away from Target? Sometimes Ella and I just go there to walk around, try out the toys and waste time...If I dont have any money to spend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails