Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

He's A Swingin'

After several weeks of rest my 50mm lens came out of hibernation. I was getting frustrated with the manual focus and I just was not happy with the shots I was getting. So I have not used it in several weeks. I really like the shots that are actually in focus, but it is a lot of work to get so few shots.

It was really overcast on Saturday so I attached my 50mm lens and had some fun. I had to focus on an area and just wait for my son to cross that area and then shoot.

feet swinging




swingin 2

swinging smile

I am choosing this as my best shot. I feel like it really captures how much fun he was having on the swing. When I look at the photo, I can hear his laughter. I can't help but smile. Man, I sure do love this little guy dirty feet and all.

Swing on over to Tracey's and check out some more great shots.

14 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

Love the dirty feet in the first one...fun shots.
Happy Monday :)

The Source said...

Somebody's having a blast on that swing! I love the hug grin and giggly expressions...and the dirty little feet, too.

kim said...

I love the shot of his feet, but oh that smile!!!

Megan said...

love the dirty feet shot & that smile is pure joy! amazing that you caught those with manual focus -- kudos!

Killlashandra said...

He looks like he is having SO much fun. :) Great shot!

Although I have to admit I love the feet in the first shot.

Joanna said...

Look at that face and how happy he is. You really captured it perfectly...dirty feets and all! :)

Christina said...

Great work! I can totally feel his glee, and I appreciate your effort to manually focus. I am glad AF works wth my camera for prime lenses! The last one is great, but I also love those toes in the first one.

Jaimee said...

Wow! That first one is my favorite! All are awesome...I love the nifty-fifties!!! I agree with Christina, though...manual focus with little ones? THAT is a feat! Great job!

Kimberly said...

You ROCK! Can't believe you were able to get these shots from the manual lens. I love the little feet. I'd totally zoom in and crop a photo just of the feet, they're so cute!

Kimberly said...

I love the new title for your blog. I am really looking forward to trying the recipes from your menu for this week. Thanks for posting!

Cheers, Kimberly

Stacy said...

I can only imagine the patience you must have for the manual focus, but you did a great job. I love these shots of him. I think I can hear his laughter, too. :)

Maggie said...

I'm not sure which one I love more -- the first one or the last one! You did such a great job -- and you're right, that last shot shows pure joy perfectly!

tracey clark said...

these could not be cuter. great job capturing the true joy of life! dirty feet and all.

Unknown said...

Those are fantastic! (catching up from yesterday, sorry!) I got a 50mm lens a few months ago and have had similar frustrations. My AF actually does work with prime lenses, but I do feel like I'm really working for a lot less "good" shots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails