Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recipe Round Up

Since I have totally slacked off on posting a menu for the last several weeks, I thought I would try to make it up to you by posting some good recipes I have stumbled across lately and some old ones that I use all the time. I have to admit that I have not been planning our meals out since we got back from vacation in July. My husband has been doing a good portion of the grocery shopping and we have been winging it. It has definitely been less stressful for me, but the meals have been a little boring.


Here's some new recipes we have tried the last several weeks:

Granola- A couple of weeks ago we ran out of cereal so instead of running to the grocery store I whipped up this granola. It was really good and the kids gobbled it up too. The only problem was it did not last very long. It was gone the next day.

Baked Falafel Patties with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce- I thought these turned out really well. It took a little preperation and planning, but they came together pretty easily.

Yogurt- Yes, I made yogurt using this recipe. I want to make it one more time before I tell you about it.

Here are a couple tried and true recipes:

Pork Chops- This is my favorite way to cook pork chops. Of course, I don't eat them so I can't attest to how they taste, but they always get eaten. So I guess that is a good sign. It sure is easy.

Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs- This is the most requested dish by my husband and it is so easy. Every now and then we buy about 3.5 lbs of chicken thighs, make the sauce and freeze them in 2 batches. 6 thighs per bag. All you have to do is put them in the oven. Only drawback is it takes about 2 hours to cook. This recipe is from Fix, Freeze, Feast, which I love.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oooh, I'm gonna have to try that yogurt! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. The chicken sounds yummy too, but I think it's the wrong link. ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails