Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm back in the saddle again. Well, figuratively speaking at least. I made myself do some sewing last week to get my wholesale order out the door and even made a couple of purses for myself. It was so nice to actually make something for me. I also updated my Etsy shop with a couple of new items. So the fog has officially lifted and the creative juices are once again flowing. Yippeee! I was worried there for a little bit.

I made this little purse first. It came out smaller than I anticipated, but it is perfect to take with me on a quick errand (without kids in tow). The fabric is a remnant I picked up awhile back so I don't have enough left to make a bigger purse. The lining is ,made from a wool skirt that I picked up at Goodwill.

DSC_0763


This is the second one that I did. I made it from a thrifted Eddie Bauer wool coat. I utilized the existing pocket and used the lining from the coat for the inside. The strap is a belt that came off of a pair of pants. It had been sitting in my closet forever so I thought I would put it to good use. I was happy with how this one turned out as well. I made it just the right size to fit a couple of diapers, wipes, and then my essentials.

DSC_0758-edited

I have purses on my mind so hopefully this week I will get at least one done to put in my shop.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE that little purse at the top! Make me one similar and put it in the shop--I'll buy it!

MGF said...

The flower on the second purse is so cute. I love it.

Cara said...

I love your re-use of fabric. I am starting to look at all the old clothes in my closet with a different eye.

Stacy said...

Wonderful crafting! I love the vibrant colors of the first one the best.

Killlashandra said...

Great way to reuse the fabric. :) It's always nice to make something for yourself too. I finally made some jewelry for myself along with others over the holiday break too. Although I haven't got pictures up yet. ;)

Jaimee said...

AWESOME! I love that first one!! Sooo cute!

Megan said...

love that top purse -- what great fabric!

Anna Sawin said...

Loving the upcycling! Wish I could sew like you do. I need to come shop at your store!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails