Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions

I am not big on New Year's Resolutions. Last year was the first year in a long time that I actually made a few resolutions. I was pretty happy with the results. For one, it lead me to start this blog and meet all of you lovely folks out there in the blogosphere. The blogging kept me honest and accountable as well. It also was the reason I became so interested in photography. Isn't it crazy how one thing leads to another?

So many things change and happen over the course of a year. What will next year bring? Since today is New Year's day and all, should I make a resolution or two? Honestly, I have not put much thought into it, but there are a few things that I would like to accomplish in the New Year.

I definitely want to continue blogging. Even though it can be time consuming, it is a much needed outlet for me. I want to improve my photography skills and branch out from my comfort zone. I want to take time to enjoy my kids. Sometimes with work, housework, yard work and other chores everything seems like work and that's just no fun. I want to continue updating my Etsy Store, but I don't want it to take over my life. I have really enjoyed this as an outlet as well, but there are too many other things that have to come first. Lastly, I want to continue to be as "green" as possible and increase my awareness of the environment as well as my impact on it.

Call them goals. Call them resolutions. Call them wishes for the New Year. Whatever they are, I can't wait to see where they take me.

Here some photos from our New Year's Eve hide and seek game. A New Year's Eve party is not complete without a little game of hide and seek.

Hmmm....where are those kids? I don't see them anywhere.

DSC_0728-edited




DSC_0729-edited




DSC_0730-edited

Oh there they are.
Happy New Year everyone!!!

10 comments:

MGF said...

What a good laugh this morning.
Best wishes for the New Year.

Dawn said...

Happy Happy New Year!!

Someday they will get really good at hiding...our 12 year old hides so well my hubbie and I can't find her sometimes!

My resolutions are similar to yours and since I only made a few I am hoping to accomplish them (on a reg basis) and then make some more.

:)

Joanna said...

Miller and Harper's faces are so funny! You captured them right at the perfect second. Good luck on your thoughts and wishes for the new year! Its hard to get everything we want accomplished, but having resolutions to begin with is a great start!

Kimberly said...

I'm usually not big on resolutions, but this year I have so many I needed to write them down to keep track. I can definitely see your thoughts echoed on my list. I wonder if as mother's we ever feel like we've enjoyed our kids enough? They grow so fast...

Christina said...

You had perfect timing on those pics - so fun!!

Good luck with you goals/resolutions. I totally agree with you about blogging. It is time consuming, but it's also much needed ME time, and I could never give it up.

Cara said...

I love the looks on their faces! You really got great shots! I didn't make any new years resolutions for myself this year.

Jaimee said...

WOW...those shots of their faces are absolutely heart warming! They made me smile!!

I'm not much for resolutions either...I like your general goals...I think we're much more likely to keep them that way!!

Stacy said...

I bet they scared ya good when they emerged from their cleverly hidden hidey hole. ;)

I think your resolutions/goals sound truly attainable...good luck with them!

Unknown said...

Supplier Plat Bordes
Pabrik baja ringan
Supplier Wiremesh Besi
Pabrik besi wf baja
undangan pernikahan contoh
Distributor Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording
Toko Besi Hollow Baja

link6

Unknown said...

nike cortez
pure boost
fila shoes
jordan shoes
nike air force 1
nike basketball shoes
lebron shoes
kyrie shoes
bape hoodie
golden goose

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails