Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Self Portrait

DSC_0846-edited 2


I really, really, really do not like to have my photo taken. I do not like posing. I do not like looking at photos in which I appear. I am very happy behind the camera. Thank you very much. So when Stacy challenged us to take a self portrait, I can't say I was ecstatic. However, there was something about it that made me a little bit excited. Maybe it was the challenge of doing something I had not done before. Or maybe it was the idea of actually getting a good shot of myself. I can't say that I succeeded at that, but I did have fun.

DSC_0854-edited





DSC_0864-edited






DSC_0853-edited 2

Yeah, I was trying to go for a wind blown sort of look and I am not sure what is up with the head tilt. I had many others that did not involve a head tilt, but these happened to be the best. As you can tell I also had some issues figuring out where to position myself in order to be in the frame. I did not spend as much time on it as I wanted to, but I feel like I learned a couple of things in the process. I even managed to put on a little bit of makeup.

Of course, the kiddos had to help me get everything set up. Miller loves pushing that remote.

DSC_0839-edited




DSC_0840-edited

To see more self portraits check out The Land of K.A.

17 comments:

Stacy said...

Love them!! You are beautiful. :)I'm so glad you tried this out and participated.

Our kids love the remote, too. There must be something about pushing buttons that kids just inherently love. ;)

Megan said...

those are great shots! i especially love that second one; it is so spontaneous -- my fav. i agree that it does take some gumption to take your own picture, particularly if you take lots of shots of others -- kudos to you!

Allison said...

Great pics. I agree with Megan, the 2nd one is nice.

Unknown said...

oh - i would take ANY of those photos in a heartbeat - you definitely need to get out from behind that camera more often!

the remote is a wonderous bribe, isn't it?

good work today!

COTTON MOMMA said...

You SEXY Momma!

Cara said...

Jen your gorgeous, I love the second shot. I so wanted to try and take a self portrait but never got around to it, arrgh.

Joanna said...

Oh Jen! You are so much braver than me! The second shot is absolutely my favorite. It looks like you had so much fun doing this theme and you did a great job.

Love that second shot!

Dawn said...

I came earlier and thought I left a commment....oh, dear...I think I need more sleep!

I love your shots!!! Especially the first and second one, so lovely~

I don't have a remote but I guess I could put mine on the timer...

:)

Kimberly said...

Those are great shots of you Jen! You did a great job.

Bunny said...

Oh your SP turned out so nice! I love them! The B&W look great too, I love the movement!

iMother2.0 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the second one! so much personality came through. Perfect :)

MGF said...

I am so glad you played this week. I was way to busy. I love the spinning one of your head- very playful. you did a great job.
Enjoy your weekend.

Maggie said...

Gorgeous!! These are beautiful...and I hope that you are going to have that second shot framed!

Christina said...

Oh Jen! wow, you did awesome at these! You are beautiful, and these capture your fun personality perfectly. LOVE it!

Jaimee said...

AWESOME pictures!! You're beautiful!!!

Killlashandra said...

Your self potraits came out great! I have to agree it really is a challenge to do them and take that time, but yours look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Jen,

More and more I'm realizing how important self-portraits are in our lives. I'm always the one behind the lens. I have many shots of my children and other family members, but not too many of myself. When I compare what I have, it is a wonderful experience to see me then, the way I was verses the way I am now. I want to also have visual memories of me and for me as well as for my children.

Jennifer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails