Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Winter Wonderland

The theme this week over at Stacy's is Winter Wonderland. On Monday I mentioned we spent some time outside on Sunday. I took this opportunity to snap some shots of our backyard in all its wintery glory. So these photos represent our little Winter Wonderland. We have been battling colds, coughs, and ear infections at my house this week so these photos are SOOC. I just didn't have the energy to edit them.


One of my blueberry bushes. I sure hope it gives me some good blueberries.

DSC_0013

Some irises popping through the leaves.

DSC_1018-edited


I am not sure what this is, but it is kind of pretty in a dead flower kind of way.

DSC_1010


What's left of my herb garden. Just a little bit of sick looking parsley.

DSC_0019


The fairy house still stands. Harper made some repairs.

DSC_0020

Visit the The Land of KA to see more winter wonderlands.

16 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

what great shots! it's so awesome to be on the cusp of spring :)
totally dig the fairy house!

jamestownboys said...

MMMMMMMMM Blueberries in your back yard - lucky!!!
The dead one looks like a bleeding heart??? I don't know.
What a fun blog - I love the recycled sewing :) Your self portraits are fun - I've been wanting to do that for some time - thanks for the inspiration :)
Going to check out the actions. . .
Beth

Dawn said...

Oooh I LOVE the new header!!

Nice Winter shots...sorry to hear about the sickies...hope everyone is feeling better soon!

:)

Stacy said...

First off, love your new header, which I'm sure is from items you have made. It is lovely!

Second, I love Harper's fairy house and how she is attending to it. So cute!

And, you have tulips coming out already?? *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Even SOOC these shots look great. I LOVE seeing those tulips sprouting up!

Kimberly said...

I love the new blog header! Your SOOC shots are wonderful. Hope everyone's feeling better.

Unknown said...

SOOC gorgeousness! And ooooh, I'm and totally diggin' the new header too! It is fantastic!

Joanna said...

Super duper SOOC Jen! I LOVE the tulips shot....It so reads "new life" to me.

What a great new header. The colors are so refreshing!

Christina said...

I looove the tulips popping up! I just love tulips. AWesome sooc shots. Love the new header, too!

cherish.photography said...

Beautiful captures of nature! Thanks for sharing!

Cara said...

love the fairy house! we don't have anything budding around here yet but I am looking forward to it!

Jaimee said...

Those dead leaves are in the shape of a heart! Would have worked for Love Thursday too!! Love your new header...it's perfect!

Kimberly said...

It's not fair - you have too much talent in one body! No wonder people like me can't do a thing. Not only do you take THE MOST gorgeous photos but you garden as well!?! Wow! Thanks for the gorgeous photos.

Cheers, Kimberly

MGF said...

I saw my Iris coming up the other day- so it is too soon. We still have frost to come and a few major snow storms.

Maggie said...

The sprouting iris look awesome -- what a great "spring is coming" shot!

Anonymous said...

Love the first one especially--that light is divine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails