Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Best Shot Monday- Butterfly Weekend

We went to the zoo again on Saturday. We are really trying to take advantage of that membership. The big huge playgroud was closed for renovations, which was a little disappointing. I did not take too many photos because I felt like I had already taken so many in our previous visits. There was a farm and garden that we had not seen before and I took a couple of shots there. There were butterflies everywhere and for some reason I love taking pictures of them. When I first looked at the photo below I thought it was okay and then I looked closer and noticed the proboscis (butterfly "tongue") all curled up.



butterfly 3_filtered


On Sunday I was outside with kids and I saw a couple of huge butterflies. They were the biggest butterflies I had ever seen. I was able to get really close to them. The photo below was not cropped at all and I took it with my 18-55 mm lens. That's how close I was to it.


butterfly 2


butterfly

I just love the colors in this one. So I am choosing it as my Best Shot Monday. Head on over to Tracey's and see the other great images captured last week.

17 comments:

Killlashandra said...

Your butterfly shots are beautiful! I love them. They remind of the ones I took at the botanical gardens back in June. I keep meaning to go back and take some more but haven't managed to get there. Yours are so colorful and vibrant! Just beautiful!

Megan said...

wow -- amazing detail in those shots!

Anonymous said...

These photos are awesome. Amazing capture of the tongue in the first one, and I too adore the colors of the last shot as well as the in-flight capture. Super work. Fabulous detail.

Anonymous said...

That first one though with it's tongue curled up, very cool.

iMother2.0 said...

Lovely shots...LOVE the probiscus in the first shot...thanks for pointing it out! Such brilliant colors on them all. LOVE butterflies, but haven't had many opportunities to capture any. Well done!

Kimberly said...

These photos are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. What a beautiful way to brighten up a mundane Monday!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, these are incredible! Wow, you are awesome at this type of photography. I can't even express how much I love that you even captured the butterfly's little tongue!

Kara said...

Wow those colors are awesome - I love butterfly pics.

Joanna said...

I can not pick a favorite Jen. The tounge curl and orange colors in the first is AMAZING. I love the blue on the wings in the second and then the sunlight shinging through the wings on the third photo is great too.

You and I must be on the same wave length right now. I have been posting a few butterfly images too and just happen to have gotten some this morning that I still need to go through. Along with wanting to make my way back to the butterfly tent at our zoo before the season ends. I cant wait to get there again!

Great, great shots Jen!

natalie said...

That last image is breathtaking!

Melissa said...

Wow, what fantastic shots. At first I almost thought that first one was a sculpture of a butterfly - that's an incredible amount of detail!

Dawn said...

What a wonderful set of butterflies, and such great work on your part!!

Kimberly said...

Amazing photos!!! I'd love to have some like that to hang in my daughter's bedroom. She has a bit of a butterfly them going on in there.

Rose said...

Wow Jen,

These are incredible shots! I love butterflies, too. They are truly amazing creatures.

Stacy said...

Wonderful shots of the butterflies! Love the tongue, that is so neat. :)

Jaimee said...

oooh...these are gorgeous too! The first and last are my favorites!

Unknown said...

cheap nfl jerseys wholesale
north face
nike air huarache
packers jerseys
carolina panthers jersey
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
cleveland cavaliers jersey
replica rolex
air max 90

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails