Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bloomin' Borage, More Caterpillars, and the World's Largest Blueberry

I have to be honest. I have been feeling rather uninspired lately. I am still living just as green, but have not had much to say about it. I feel kind of at a stand still, but I think the main reason is I am now obsessed with my new camera (a Nikon D60). When I have a little bit of free time I play with my camera or editing software. I promise I am working on a good post that goes back to my green roots, but for now more on stuff going on in my backyard. (Can you tell I don't get out much?)

My borage is now blooming. How pretty is that?


DSC_0417

I was picking some parsley to use for dinner and found two caterpillars on my dill. We found one on the parsley last night. I am not sure if the little guys that I showed you here are all grown up or if these are different ones. It is more fun to think they are the same ones.


DSC_0381

Birds have been feasting on our blueberry bushes. I read somewhere that if you place something shiny that moves near the plant it will keep the birds away. So I came across these at the grocery store and thought we would give it a go. I wasn't ready to buy nets just yet.


DSC_0324

I know birds are still eating some of the berries, but we have some that are making it. Yesterday I found two HUGE blueberries. I know you can't really tell from the photo, but that baby was big. I say "was" because my son ate it. At least he got to it before the birds.

DSC_0367

I also made pesto last night using some of my basil. I am lovin' my little herb garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails