Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

Can I have a 3 Day Weekend Every Week, please?

We had a fun-filled Fourth of July weekend. We woke up Friday morning and decided to go for a hike. We had so much fun. The kids loved exploring and saw a turtle, snake, deer, frogs, fish, butterflies, and a huge garden. I took so many pictures and decided to try "P" mode instead of the auto mode on my camera. Baby steps, right?

sunflower

bee

mossy tree

Then we went to my parent's house to Slip-N-Slide. They set up the world's largest Slip-N-Slide. I swear the pictures do not do it justice.

slipnslide


DSC_0595

Both kids were sound asleep at 8:00 pm. On Saturday morning we cleaned and went for a dip in our neighbors pool. The kids napped and then we went to Grammie and G-Pa's house. We ate Mexican and shot off some little fireworks, which the kids loved. I decided to only shoot in Manual mode. Getting brave, I know.

cousins

He is already such a stud and he knows it!

DSC_0624

Look at that hand. Man, oh, man. I am choosing this as my Best Shot. I just can't resist. On Sunday, we went to the park and swimming again. My battery died on my camera so I did not get any photos. Oh well, what do you do? Buy another battery so that you have a spare? Ok, that's a good idea. I am not posting a menu this week. We are leaving for vacation on Thursday and I just don't feel like it, so there!!!

Check out everyone else's Best Shot Monday.

Happy Monday everyone.

11 comments:

Blueberry said...

that is one heck of a slip and slide!! it looks so fun!

great pictures! i especially love the picture of the tree. :)

Mother of the Freakin' Year said...

HILARIOUS! I love how they don't care at all how messy they get when they eat treats!
I LOVELOVELOVE the tree trunk. Wow. Also the yellow flower rocks!

iMother2.0 said...

Love the shot with the bee on the flower. Very nice detail. Wow! now THAT'S a slip n slide! You're giving me idea ;)
Yes, my fav is the messy messy messy one....he doesn't have a care in the world. perfect.

Bunny said...

I just love that first one, with the yellow flower. Beautiful!

Christina said...

I'd never know you are new to Manual - these look great!! I love your focus on the one with the tree, but you definitely made the right choice for BSM. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Yep, popsicles will do that to you. I'm liken' the shot of the kids behind the tree.

Homegrown Tribe said...

that IS a huge slipnslide. My boys would LOVE that. Looks like so much fun!

brittany

Jaimee said...

Awesome shots! You are doing great with your new camera! I love the shot of the kids behind the tree!

Rose said...

How funny, his hand looks all fused together with wax. I love the bee picture and my personal favorite is the tree picture.

Yeah, I got my camera last week and I quickly moved over to P mode (mainly to get that stinkin' flash turned off!) But I haven't ventured further then that yet.

Maya said...

That shot with the bee is awesome! And what fun slip n slide shots!

Maggie said...

Great shots -- and good for you for being so brave! I have only ventured to A-mode....manual mode has so many settings that I get all sorts of flustered. And that last shot is great -- I love how you can see his messy little fist!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails