Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our New Feathered Friends

We have a bird (I think it is a dove) that built a nest right outside our bathroom window. Look how close I got to her. I took the photo below a couple of weeks ago.


DSC_0267


I took the one below last night.


102_3311


Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work, I heard the bird making noises. My husband told me that there are now 3 birds. I could not believe how big the baby birds are already. The mom flew off as I approached and the nest is no longer there, but the two baby birds just sat there watching me.


baby birds

I took SO many photos and that is the best one. Those little guys were tucked back in the corner and I had to just hold my camera up and shoot. I love discovering new things in our yard.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I cant believe how close they let you get either! That is so cool. I love the first too. I cant decide which one I like better!

Joanna said...

Shoot - I forgot to mention, I love your new header!

Allison said...

What a treat! I love mourning doves. We had some in our rain gutters about a month ago but I don't know if there were chicks, it was too far up to check.

Joanna said...

Hi Jen, You asked about Photoshop. I use Photoshop 7 and was lucky enough to get a copy from my work....it is a professional version and I dont even know half the tricks it does. I think it runs like 400.00. But there are lots of other cheaper versions out there, even other software that is very suitable for photo editing, like Photoshop CS, Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro.....

Its fun to play with photos and see how different you can make them look.

Good Luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Why would the nest be gone? I've been shooing away birds from our porch because I'm afraid they are looking for a place to nest. We have a dog. And they poop EVERYWHERE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails