Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Theme Thursday- Summer Fun

This would have been an easy one if I was actually taking decent shots. I feel like I am in a major rut. My photos are getting worse instead of better. I am still really struggling with the editing. So after messing around with the photo for awhile I usually just end up scrapping it and going with SOOC with maybe a crop. Maybe I am trying to do much too so with my camera. I did manage to find a few that I could live with so that's what you get.

millermall


DSC_0315

The two above were taken at the mall play area. It has been too hot to play outside for long.

DSC_0383_edited-1

That boy can move. I can't believe that this one is not one big blur.

DSC_0364_edited-2

Head on over to Stacy's to see some more great shots.

11 comments:

Head Gaggler said...

These look great to me. I like the blur picture and that he's in focus and the background is blurry. You are doing a great job, keep it up!

iMother2.0 said...

LOVE The blur shot and the first one...the reflections on his face are interesting....I also tend to try to do too much with either my camera or post processing. :)

Killlashandra said...

I love that first one with the shoes on the hands! It reminds me of my little one and he thinks shoes should go on the hands and feet too. Although I'm trying to stop him from putting his dirty socks on his hands and acting like their mittens. LOL

That last shot of your little girl, wow what a cutie. Great summer pictures!

Christina said...

You are too hard on yourself - I think these are great shots! I too am finding that while I like to do special effects sometimes, usually simple is best.

Rose said...

These are great pictures! I love the blur pic, it's my favorite of the bunch and the first shot comes in second.

Jaimee said...

These are great pics...what are you talking about? But, I do know what you mean about processing and getting frustrated....Sometimes I get so completely over obsessed with editing and then finally just go back to the simple standard and it looks so much better!

Stacy said...

I think you did a great job with these! The mall play areas are really tough to get decent shots in them, so you did a wonderful job capturing your cuties. :)

Joanna said...

I agree with everyone else on the blur shot. It came out great. I do know what you mean about feeling like you are getting worse. I seem to be in a rut too...either that or just frustrated that Ella wont play nice with me when I have my camera out. She has actually started telling me not to take pictures of her and to watch her with my 'real eyes'.

kim said...

Love that last shot... such a sweet smile.

Anonymous said...

They're great sooc! Sometimes simple is best isn't it? :) I love how you captured their childhood playfulness... they are adorable!

Megan said...

they say it's always darkest before the dawn:) -- you are probably on the verge of a big leap in your photography skills -- i still like these though, esp the first one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails