Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

More Green Goals

green goals_edited-1



Since I promised more green goals to my loyal and dedicated readers, I thought I should actually follow through on that promise. I have been brainstorming on what goals I want to accomplish next. This is what I have so far:

1. Unsubscribe to all those e-mails I get from stores tempting me to take advantage of their great sale. I have been deleting them, but for some odd reason have not wanted to unsubscribe. Maybe I am afraid I will miss out on the best sale ever. No more. I don't need to know.

2. Start shopping consignment and thrift stores for the kids fall wardrobe. I spend and buy way too many clothes for the kids, especially my little girl. (Girls clothes are so cute.) They ruin, stain, or outgrow them SO fast. What's the point? I am not sure how this will go, but I would like to only purchase each of them a couple of brand new things for next fall/winter. The rest will be used.

3. No more new books. I love to read books. I love to look at books. I love to buy books. I love just thinking about books. You get the idea, right? If I read every book in my possession that I have not read, it would probably take me a couple of years to finish. So I am officially on a book buying strike. I will get my fix from the library or maybe even read the ones I already have. Well, that's a novel idea. Get it. Novel idea. Ok. You get it.

4. Complete one sewing project using recycled materials. I have an idea for an apron using an old skirt, but my ideas always seem better in theory. Plus, will I really wear an apron? Maybe if it is cute enough. Looking all domestic might eliminate the dinner making dread. A girl can dream.

5. Stay away from Target. Seriously. I could probably find an excuse to go there every day. What is it about that store? I buy way too much junk and spend way too much money there.

These goals all revolve around consuming or buying less stuff. I know this is one of my biggest challenges so I am dedicating myself to it this month or next month. Whatever. It takes 21 days to break a habit, right ? So do you think Photoshop, a lens for my camera, or a Kindle would count? See I told you it would be tough. Wish me luck.........

4 comments:

Christina said...

Good for you with your goals for going more green! These are gret ideas. I do shop thrift stores a lot - bu for me it's largely about $. ;o) I think you should set part of the money you save aside for something like a new lens...it would encourage you to stick with your goals!!

Anonymous said...

I was blog hopping and came across yours. I've enjoyed it and am putting a link to it on my blog. I adore the photos! What kind of camera do you use?

Jen said...

I use a Nikon D60. Kimberly what's your blog address so I can check it out?

Kimberly said...

Hi Jen! My blog is...

www.agrowingviolet.blogspot.com

I'd love for you to check it out! Thanks for letting me know what camera you use, we're in the market for a new one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails