Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Birthday Craftiness

I was actually pretty productive last week. If only I had remembered to take pictures of everything I would have been doing good.

My sweet little niece turned one yesterday. Her party was on Sunday. As part of her gift, I made her a pillowcase dress with bloomers. I also appliqued a cupcake on the front. This was my first time and I was surprised at how easy it was to do.


DSC_0630-edited


I also made a bunting using the fabric scraps from the outfit. I wanted to make one of these for Harper's birthday, but ran out of time. So I was excited I had an excuse to make one.
DSC_0653-edited

I also made a little doll for her. I modified a Bit of Whimsy doll pattern that I have used before. I was trying to make it a learn how to dress doll so one side has snaps and the other side has a zipper. On the side with the zipper the doll is awake (sorry I did not get any photos). The straps on the shoes also velcro.

DSC_0715-edited

I finished a couple of custom orders for some cozies. I also made a frayed flower brooch using this tutorial and a matching fabric headband for myself. I will try to get photos of those for next week. Now I just need to start working on a huge wholesale order and a wedding shower gift. Man, I am tired just thinking about it.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Go Jen Go!

That dress is adorable and the doll is so sweet~

Congrats on all the orders! Better to be busy than wishing for some business, eh?

Stacy said...

Great job on the dress, bunting and dolly! I love the sweet little cupcake on her dress...so adorable! Yes, applique is not that hard to do, is it? Now you are going to be doing that all the time, right?? Well, after the order and the gift and... ;) I know how it is...always something on that to do list to work on.

Christina said...

super cute stuff!! The dolly is adorable, and the idea of a reversible learn-to-dress doll is brilliant. You should add that to the Etsy shop!

Kimberly said...

I love it all! Great job!!! I have SO got to learn how to use my sewing machine. :)

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cute outfit. Oh, it is sweet (almost as much as she is!) and the bunting is so fun - but that doll...YES! You should most definitely add that to your shop. It is great.

I feel so very lazy...I had some things to put up for CT today...but I'm just lazing away over her on vacation again. Next week...I shall return.

COTTON MOMMA said...

Aunt Jen is the Best! How lucky we are to have such a talented individual in our family! She looked so Sweet thanks to you!

Joanna said...

The dolly is so sweet. I bet she loved it. I would have never thought of a learning dress with snaps and a zipper. Very clever. Definately an Etsy store item!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails