Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Sewing

This week was all about birthday gifts. Today is my niece's 2nd birthday and my brother's girlfriend's birthday. Happy Birthday Callie & Whitney!!!!

Harper also had a birthday party on Saturday she attended for a classmate. I decided to make a combination of my zippy art purse and composition notebook cover.
DSC_2930-edited
Next time I think I will add the handles. It really does make it eaasy to carry around.

DSC_2932-edited
It's basically a larger version of the zippy art purse with no handles. Here are the measurements in case anyone is interested.
11.5" x 17"- 1 exterior piece, 1 interior piece, 1 piece of flannel
11.5" x 14"- inside pocket (the one above was a little too small so this measurement makes the pocket larger)
11.5" x 4"- top of zipper
11.5" x 12- bottom of zipper
If you want to make the compostion cover like this one, just make two inside pockets and disregard the zipper pocket measurements.
This is what I made for my sweet little niece. It is a bear backpack.
Inside view.
DSC_3002-edited
I made this little pouch to match the purse I made for Whitney for graduation. Instead of interfacing, I attached the flannel piece to the exterior piece with lines of sewing to make a quilted look. It added just enough body so that it is not too flinsy or too stiff.

DSC_3021-edited
I used the tutorial by Noodlehead for the pouch.
Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.


I am linking up to this post for the Tea Rose Home Link Party.


6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I LOVE the zippy art case/notebook cover! I carry a little pencil bag in my purse with crayons and folded piece of paper in it. You never know when you're going to need a distraction!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the dimensions on the notebook cover! I might make some of those - they are handy gifts for the journal/diary writing crowd that Em is now hanging with!

And the backpack and pouch! They are great...I am so itching to get back into my room!

Sachiko said...

I love your pouch, very pretty fabric! Thank you for linking to my link party!

Unknown said...

7.14lllllyuan"hollister shirts"
"true religion canada"
"true religion outlet"
"beats by dre"
"nike tn pas cher"
"ray ban sunglasses"
"tory burch outlet"
"mulberry handbags"
"prada outlet"
"michael kors outlet"
"tiffany outlet"
"louis vuitton neverfull"
"louis vuitton handbags"
"giuseppe zanotti shoes"
"nike uk store"
"michael kors wholesale"
"tiffany jewelry"
"michael kors outlet"
"ralph lauren pas cher"
"mulberry bags"
"nike air force 1"
"police sunglasses for men"
"gucci outlet online"
"ray ban sunglasses"
"jordan shoes"
"asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano"
"cheap jordan shoes"
"basketball shoes"
"fitflops sale"
"prada outlet online"
"ralph lauren polo"
"nike air max 90"
"omega outlet"
"lacoste shirts"
"longchamp outlet"
7.14

Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.6.27
nike presto
moncler online
ray ban eyeglasses
canada goose jackets
jordan shoes
golden goose sneakers
kate spade outlet
manolo blahnik
coach outlet
canada goose jackets

ahmed said...

الحافظات الكارتونية,إلخ. ويبلغ مراعاة تلك المؤسسات بعملية التغليف لتشمل : جميع معدات المطبخ – السفرة و الانتريه – جميع الأخشاب – الأجهزة – الحجرات – مثلما أن للملابس نصيب من التغليف حيث يتم تعبئتها بأسلوب ممنهجة و عملية.شركة نقل عفش
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة نقل عفش ببريدة

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails