Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Vegetarian Chili Recipe

Vegetarian chili is a staple for me when the weather turns cool.  I make a big pot of it on Sunday, then I have lunch for the rest of the week.  I have tried many different recipes, but usually I end up dumping whatever I can find in the pantry into a pot and call it chili.  I made this combination a few weeks ago.  I liked it so much I made note of the ingredients I used so that I could make it again.  This is going to be my new go to vegetarian chili recipe. 

DSC_1778

Ingredients:
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of refried beans (I love the Whole Foods brand with Roasted Chile & Lime)
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
1 can or bottle of beer
2 cups of vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 a red pepper chopped (optional)
1 cup of frozen corn (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
DSC_1781

I forgot to photograph the spices with the other ingredients. 

Directions:
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pot or dutch oven.  When the oil is hot add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.  Last time I made it I added half a red pepper.  I cooked it until it was tender.  Then add the rest of the ingredients.  Simmer for 30 minutes.  Serve with torilla chips.  Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato chips are my favorite.  I also add some hot sauce to mine for a little kick. Avocado would be a nice addition too. 

DSC_1783

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my.....save some for me. :)

Stacy said...

That looks really yummy! I will have to try out your version, just with meat. Unfortunately everything has to have meat here, though I try vegetarian occassionally.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails