Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Make Ahead Green Smoothie Packs

DSC_2073-edited 

Last week in a cold induced fog I accidently put the kale back in the freezer instead of the fridge when I was making my green smoothie.  I found it the next morning and decided to see how frozen kale tasted in my smoothie.  I couldn't tell a difference.  Since freezing the kale didn't seem to impact the flavor or texture of the smoothie, I decided to make some freezer packs.  So all I have to do is dump it in the blender add some liquid and that's it. 

Here's what I did.
DSC_2048 

I used my blender as a measuring tool.  I put the kale in lightly packed to the 4 cup mark. Then I placed the kale into a freezer bag. You can use any greens though.

DSC_2051 

Along with a banana cut into pieces.  Frozen bananas taste awesome in smoothies. 

DSC_2056 

Plus a handful of frozen fruit.

DSC_2052

I should be able to reuse the bags several times. 

DSC_2054 

DSC_2055 

Then when you are ready to make the smoothie, dump the frozen fuit and veggies into the blender.
Add 2-2.5 cups of liquid.  I usually do 1 cup of almond milk and 1-1.5 cups of water.
Blend it all up.

DSC_2064 

Then enjoy!!

DSC_2069 

It took me about 10 minutes to put together the packs.  Now I have smoothies ready for the rest of the week. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails