Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Painted Fireplace and Mudroom Progress

No kitchen update this week.  Mitch did talk to our contractor about dedicating a 5-7 day window of time to our project rather than working us in.  He is going to look at his calendar to see when he has the time.  So in the meantime we are tackling other projects that we can do ourselves.

This weekend I decided that I could not take this ugly fireplace any longer.  I have lived with it for WAY too long.

DSC_2041

Here it is with a coat of primer.  Already so much better. It is amazing how much brighter the room looks now. 

DSC_2045
 

Here it is with one coat of paint.  I still need to paint at least one more coat.

DSC_2082

Mitch is still working on the mudroom.  He decided to go ahead and put up the wall to enclose the space. 

DSC_2044 

It is really hard to get a decent photo since the space is pretty small.

DSC_2043 

DSC_2042

It is really starting to feel like an actual room. It will be so nice to have an organized place for backpacks, shoes, coats, and laundry to go.

DSC_2080


DSC_2077

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Looks like things are coming along! I love the updated look to the fireplace. Ours looks much the same, except we have a black grate over it. I don't think Brian would let me paint the brick, though. Maybe in a few more years...

Corey~living and loving said...

you are really going for it these days. Look at you go! I'm impressed with your energy. The fireplace looks great!

Unknown said...

Is there anything that a little paint can't fix?? It looks loads better already, Jen! I can't wait to see it all decked out and finished.

Lauren Wayne said...

I am so with you. We painted our fireplace white, too — best decision ever, even though we were a wee bit messy about it. It made it stop looking like a giant black hole in the room!

Al said...

Congrats on a job well done! I wouldn't have been able to swing chimney repairs on my own.

mudroomstorageideas said...

Love this, your fireplace looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails