Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

This Week in the Kitchen

We made some pretty good progress in the kitchen this week.  We ordered an oven, microwave, and dishwasher.  It is being delivered today.  Can you believe it?

Mitch and his dad built the cabinet that will house the wall oven and microwave.  So once the oven is delivered, we will have a place to put it. 

DSC_2560 

This weekend we will be priming and painting.  Then hopefully (fingers crossed) we will install the oven.  Wouldn't it be great to start the new year with an oven? It's not too much to ask is it?

DSC_2562

I am already dreaming of all of the things that I want to make in my new oven.  I never thought I would be this excited about an oven.

Mitch also built a bench for the mudroom, so that we have a place to put our shoes.  The plan is to put a shelf above it with hooks for coats and backpacks. 

DSC_2568

I need to find baskets to fit in each of the cubbies, so there are not shoes everywhere.

DSC_2570


The next step is going to be to build out the cabinets on the other side of the fridge.  We are planning on putting a butcherblock countertop on that section.  It will probably take awhile to get those cabinets built, but once that side is finished we will work on the other side of the room.   I am hoping that we can bring in our contractor to help with the opening between the two rooms and the drywall, but who knows Mitch might decide to take it on himself. 

I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes...no oven would be hard for me...I hope it was delivered and rocks like you are hoping it will! Happy New Year, my friend! Here is to a very happy and healthy 2012 full of crafty goodness, too!

Corey~living and loving said...

all your hard work is paying off. I'm so very impressed. looking so good.

so....I'm thinking of hosting the 52 weeks of me for 2012. want to play along???? hmmmm? will ya?

Stacy said...

Whooohooo! An oven! It is definitely coming along. I bet you are soooo ready for it to be done. Hopefully it will be done soon. :)

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

20160120 junda
longchamp outlet
toms outlet store
louis vuitton
canada goose outlet
ugg outlet
michael kors bags
ed hardy uk
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
nike tn
coach factory outlet
nike trainers
canada goose jackets
coach outlet
nike cortez
fitflops clearance
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
true religion jeans
burberry outlet
cheap toms
christian louboutin shoes
kate spade handbags
ugg boots
louboutin
canada goose uk
kate spade outlet
michael kors outlet uk
michael kors
coach outlet
mcm outlet
adidas originals
coach factory outlet
ray bans
mulberry bags
nike sb
prada outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails