Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Quilt Take 2

You know there are some projects that just don't turn out the way you envision them. I had about 3 different plans for this blanket before I actually was happy with the results.

DSC_3081

I ended up taking off the satin binding and just doing a regular quilt binding.  I sewed it to the front and then hand stitched it to the back.  It is more time consuming, but I am always happier with the results when I take the time to do it this way.

DSC_3079

I decided to stitch the baby's name on some twill tape to create a little tag on the back.  I liked the personal touch that it added to the quilt.   I am so glad that I am finally finished with this quilt.

DSC_3077

 

 





Photobucket

5 comments:

Francine said...

It looks really great - the new binding gives it a whole new look. Fantastic tag too!

Francine

Stacy said...

Well, it looks wonderful. :) I love that tag, too. It does really add a personalized, hand-sewn feel to it.

By the Bluegrass said...

Your final result is beautiful! I love the colors...so sweet!
I would like to try my hand at one like this sometime. love the little tag too.
xo,
Sena

Unknown said...

It is gorgeous, Jen. I love the bias tape finish and that sweet, sweet tag! Beautiful.

Shari said...

Congratulations on finishing your quilt. It turned out quite cute. I like the addition of the name too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails