Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brownie Stitch It Patch Sewing Kit

I did something crafty last week.  Woohoo.  Last week I helped Harper's Brownie troop with a sewing project.  They are working on their Stitch It Patch, so I came up with the idea to have the girls sew a simple bag on the sewing machine.  The bag then could be used to hold sewing supplies.  At the end of the meeting each girl would leave with a sewing kit. 

I was a little nervous about teaching them to sew on the sewing machine, but they all did great.  I cut all the fabric and twill tape ahead of time to make it easier.

  DSC_3446

I just used supplies I already had at home, except for the scissors.  I also brought my sizzix and a bunch of felt so that they could cut out shapes to make flowers.  They loved cutting all the felt pieces.  It also put a good dent in my felt stash, which was nice.

DSC_3450

All the little items fit perfectly in this little altoid tin.
DSC_3451

My mom had a stash of them and she was nice enough to donate them for the project.

DSC_3452

DSC_3453

I let them pick some buttons and pins from my stash along with some needles and safety pins.

DSC_3454

Everything fit neatly into their bag.  I think the girls enjoyed the project.  It did get a little chaotic, but overall I would call it a success.

One of the little girls used the felt to make a flower and sewed it to the front of the bag.  It was very sweet.  Hopefully some of them will be inspired to create some more wonderful things.

DSC_3448

 





Photobucket

3 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

What a sweet little kit. You are so awesome. I always enjoy seeing the progress in your kitchen, as well.

Kimberly said...

That is a cute idea! I've got to teach cross stitch to our group of girls in Keeper's of the Faith next month. I'm already getting nervous about it.

Stacy said...

That is a wonderful little kit. Great job on it and very nice that you put everything together for them. Hopefully they will be inspired to create!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails