Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Kitchen Update-Fireplace, Doors, and Grout

Despite another busy weekend, we were able to mark a few more things off of our list.  The list is definitely getting shorter, which makes me very happy!!

The Mason came on Tuesday and took down our brick fireplace facade.  Here's what it looked like when I left Tuesday morning.

DSC_3427 

Mitch snapped an in progress photo.
DSC_3429

This is what it looked like when I got home that evening.  Pretty, huh?

DSC_3430

Mitch snapped some more in progress photos for me. Here is a shot of the mason building a new brick surround.

DSC_3436

Here is what it looked like at the end of the day Wednesday.  He is going to come back tomorrow to clean up the brick. We chose some slate tiles for the floor.  Mitch is going to build a wood surround and mantle.  Then we are probably going to drywall above the mantle, but we are going to finish the kitchen first.

DSC_3437

I spent Sunday afternoon painting cabinet doors.  One side had been painted so I needed to prime and put 2 coats on the other side.  We stayed up late last night putting a final coat on.  There will be touch ups that we will have to do once they are hung back up, but for the most part I am done painting cabinets.

DSC_3439

Mitch was able to hang the doors on this side of the room.  He is going to try to add the pulls and knobs some time this week.

DSC_3441

We also found a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon to grout the tile.  I know it is hard to tell from the photos, but it looks so much better now.  We just need to let it cure for another day or so and then seal it.

DSC_3445

Our contractor is coming on Thursday or Friday to put up the hood and trim.  We really are in the home stretch.

DSC_3444

We still need to finish the butcherblock countertop, install the ledge in the opening, install the quarter round, reinstall all the doors, add knobs and pulls, and put a toe kick around the bottom of the cabinets on the sink side.  Then we move to the fireplace room. 

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Your kitchen is coming along so nice! I bet you are tired of painting cabinets. That was the worst part for me of our kitchen redo. Can't wait to see the upgraded fireplace, too. :)

julee said...

WOW you're in the home stretch. It's all looking so beautiful!

You'll have to think about what is your first meal you want to cook.
Julie

Kimberly said...

It is amazing how different your fireplace looked in one day! Wow. I love the walls in the kitchen. So pretty!

Samuel.Ricafort said...

Your place looks amazing, I love what you did your flooring. Thank you for sharing these pictures.
chimney cleaners

Unknown said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely.
Fireplace Mantels

Loading.. said...

I'm thankful for this website, thanks for this excellent info!

Pengacara jakarta
Pengacara perceraian

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails