Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bird Watching

We have been doing some bird watching at my house.  We have a mountain laurel tree right outside our bathroom window.  It must be the perfect place for a nest because it seems like we have a bird nest there every year.  We usually get doves, but this year we have a robin. 

DSC_3628-edited

We have been watching for the eggs to hatch for a couple of weeks now and finally this week they hatched.

DSC_3735-edited

How cute are these little guys?  I think they are hungry. It has been so fascinating to watch the momma and daddy bird tending to the babies.  I think I check the window at least 15 times a day.

DSC_3746edited

It's hard to tell from the photo, but there are 3-4 baby birds.  I have seen 3, but Harper swears there are 4 of them.  I think they are used to us glaring at them now because it doesn't seem to bother them any more.  Hopefully I will be able to get some shots of them as they get bigger.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

How lovely to be able to see right into the nest and watch the comings and goings. The blue of the eggs is so pretty. We have a robin nesting in a bush (but out of sight) and a pair of great tits in our bird box which we love to watch. We keep meaning to install a small camera in the box but always forget and leave it too late. I look forward to more photos.

Unknown said...

Perfect location for bird watching! How lucky for you guys. I don't think there is anything cuter than little baby birds!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails