Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kitchen Reveal Finally!!!

I really never thought this day would come, but I can finally say we are finished with the kitchen.  It has been a long journey (8 months) and we still have lots of work to do in the rest of the house.  But let's focus on what is finished, ok?

I know my before photos are not the best, but my wide angle lens was broken at the time.  Plus it was so dark in there it was hard to get a decent shot.  I hardly even remember my kitchen looking like this.  Can't say I miss it.

Before:
kitchen before

This is what I get to enjoy now.

After:
DSC_4029

DSC_4024

DSC_4032 


DSC_4025

DSC_4026

 DSC_4027

DSC_4028


DSC_4031

DSC_4033


DSC_4036

DSC_4039

DSC_4040


DSC_4041


Budget:
I know I have never mentioned our budget for the kitchen remodel.  To be honest we had a number in our heads that we didn't want to go over ($10,000), but we really wanted to keep it as low as we could.  I think we might have been a tad bit optimistic. : ) Since the project was spread out over a long period of time (8 months),  it was easier for us to pay for things as we went along too. We have been saving for this remodel for several years now though.  We didn't borrow any money or create any debt doing the remodel.  Here's a breakdown of what we spent on the major stuff:

Contractor: $3786 (We had him for 2 weeks)
Caesarstone Countertops: $2100
Butcherblock Countertop: $320
Backsplash: $675
Oven, Dishwasher, and Microwave: $1798.20
Hood and Cabinet Hardware: $560.90
Flooring: $1700 (We bought enough for the kitchen and adjoining room)
Sink and Faucet: $546.91
Coffee Maker and Toaster Oven: $160
Track Lighting: $236

Total:  $11,883.01

As you can see we went over budget and this list isn't even including all of those little things that add up really quickly like wood, paint, and waterlox.   So we probably spent more like $13,000 total if I had to guess.  Considering we completely gutted our kitchen, I don't think that is too bad. 

Wondering where we got something?  See my source list below.

Source List:
Countertops:  Caesarstone in Pebble honed (We used Granite Direct in Nashville)
Butcherblock Countertop: Cabinets To Go
Marble Tile Backsplash:  The Tile Shop
36 inch Range Hood: Overstock
Frigidaire 30" Wall Oven: AJ Madison
Frigidaire Microwave: AJ Madison
Frigidaire Dishwasher: AJ Madison
Swiftlock Flooring in Chestnut Hickory: Lowes
Cup Cabinet Pulls : Overstock
Cabinet Knobs: Overstock
Kraus 30 inch Farmhouse Apron Sink: Amazon 
Kraus Single Lever Faucet:  Amazon
Red Cuisinart Coffee Maker: Amazon
Cuisinart Toaster Oven: Amazon
Utensil Holder, Fruit Bowl, Rugs and Dishtowels: Target
Track Lighting: Lowes
Wall Paint- Behr's Jamaica Bay: Home Depot
Cabinet and Trim Paint- Alabaster :Sherwin Williams

Ceiling tile mirror: Made by my dad.

Island: My husband made the island based on Ana White's plans.  The top is a salvaged piece of mahagony from my grandparent's house.  He did not stain it at all, so that is the natural color of the wood.  I love how it turned out.

Bar stools:  We already had the bar stools. I plan on recovering them using this fabric.  I used the same type of fabric when I recovered my chairs and they have held up great.

Refrigerator:  We kept our existing fridge. 
Cooktop:  We kept our existing cooktop.  We hope to replace it at some point.

Cabinets:  My husband built all the cabinets along the refrigerator wall.  We were able to keep our existing pantry and the drawers underneath.  Our contractor built all the cabinets on the sink side of the kitchen.  He also made all of the doors.  My husband made all the drawer fronts and installed all the hardware.  I don't have an exact amount, but I would say that we spent around $3000 for all of the cabinets.  So we saved lots of money making them ourselves. 

I just want to say thank you to everyone that provided me with moral support over the last several months.  Your sweet comments really kept me sane on many, many occasions. 

You can find all of my kitchen posts here.

Now we can move on to the next room.

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


15 comments:

shannon said...

soooo worth it!! love your new kitchen!!

Maggie said...

That is drop dead gorgeous! I am drooling over your amazing kitchen!

Marsha said...

Absoultely stunning! You did a lot for the price. What is your kitchen sq ft?

Jacqui Wise said...

Fabulous kitchen. I love the flooring, the tiling and the beautiful blue wall colour and the white units really make the space light and airy. Well done! Open that wine in the corner and celebrate!

Jen said...

Marsha,

The kitchen is about 200 square feet.

Thanks!
Jen

Mel said...

What an awesome space. The first few photos had me wondering where your storage was; you know how much stuff lives in a kitchen :)

I continued to scroll down and fell in love with all of the cabinetry you have!

You have done a bang up job for the money! Love, love, love how bright and beautiful it is. What I love most is the reuse of the mahogany used on the island, it will always have a special memory for you. Ok, really, all of the materials go so well together.

Have a great weekend.

As a side note, I do hope you will consider removing the word verification.

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

What a perfect transformation! It's so fresh and clean ... and I'm so jealous of that whole wall of cabinets!

Great job!

:)

Linda

Kimberly said...

Totally HGTV worthy!!! I love your new kitchen. Enjoy!

Brooke said...

It looks absolutely fantastic! I love all the colors. And the island looks great, I actually submitted those plans via Ana's website, so I'm getting the warm fuzzies that you built yours from them! I love that you extended the top to fit stools. Very clever!

Anonymous said...

great kitchen remodel. honestly the most helpful thing about it is your budget breakdown with sources! thanks for sharing your project.

Angel said...

This is an excellent remodel, i was wary at first because of the first picture reduced your storage down by more than half, but you more than made up for it on the other side of the room. Its beautiful, and i am certainly jealous. What product did you use to seal the butcherblock countertop? Is that shellac or plain ol polyurethane, or what? Im installing butcherblock in my new kitchen in a couple of weeks and need to seal them somehow. i would appreciate any tips you have!

Unknown said...

xiaowei 20160409
new balance shoes
cheap basketball shoes
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
puma outlet
air max 90
adidas gazelle
burberry outlet canada
rolex daytona
toms outlet store
supra store
michael kors handbags
reebok classic
pandora charms
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
hollister hoodies
nike force 1
toms shoes
cheap ray ban sunglasses
marc jacobs handbags
calvin klein outlet stores
reebok
fitflops
gucci outlet online
ralph lauren
toms outlet
coach outlet store
lacoste polo shirts
canada goose jackets
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach outlet
burberry sale
converse outlet
prada outlet

Unknown said...

michael kors bags
ray ban sunglasses discount
ralph lauren
ralph lauren outlet online
nike outlet
patriots jerseys
longchamp bags
oakley sunglasses outlet
coach outlet online
nike air max 95
170523yueqin

Unknown said...

fivefingers
mac makeup
belgium world cup jerseys
adidas outlet
wedding dresses
hogan outlet
michael kors
sophia webster shoes
skechers sandals
adidas running shoes
2018.5.25linying

Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.6.27
pandora charms
pandora
pandora
longchamp outlet
fitflops
kate spade
coach factory outlet
canada goose jackets
golden goose
mulberry uk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails