Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kitchen Update- So, So Close

I am SO close to being able to post an official kitchen reveal.  I still need to put some pictures on the wall and cover the cushions on the bar stools, but I thought I would show you a few things that are finally finished.

The butcherblock countertop is sealed and installed.  Mitch sealed it with waterlox, so he had to wait for the temperature and humidity to be just right.  He ran into some problems, so of course it took much longer than we thought it would.

DSC_3971

He also put new faces on the existing drawers so that they matched everything else.

DSC_3973

He also built us an island after we determined that there really was not enough space for a table and 4 chairs in this space.  He used an old piece of mahogany for the top that my dad salvaged from my grandparents house.  It is a beautiful piece of wood and I was excited that we could put it to good use. Thanks Dad!!  He spent more time sanding the piece wood than he did building the entire island, but I think it was worth the hard work.

DSC_3976

I am hoping to show you everything next week even if it isn't quite perfect.  I also need to show you a picture of the room we are tackling next.  Ugh.  

6 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I know it's goofy, but I wait with insane anticipation for these posts! Can't wait to see the end result of all of your hard work!

Stacy said...

It looks great, Jen! I really like all the colors you have used in the space. I know it is probably frustrating that it isn't all done, but it is ALMOST done. You will love it so much that it will make it all worthwhile. And hey...at least you can cook and clean up in there even though it isn't completely perfect yet!

Unknown said...

Oh, Jen...it is gorgeous. Just amazingly gorgeous! I ADORE the butcherblock counters!! And I have said it before and need to say it yet again...that Mitch is one handy guy to have around! The island is spectacular. I can't wait for more!!

Maggie said...

So far it looks amazing! I can't wait for the big reveal!

Run Lori Run said...

Wow, so clean and bright. It will be a joy to cook in such a beautiful space! Cool!

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

20160120 junda
longchamp outlet
toms outlet store
louis vuitton
canada goose outlet
ugg outlet
michael kors bags
ed hardy uk
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
nike tn
coach factory outlet
nike trainers
canada goose jackets
coach outlet
nike cortez
fitflops clearance
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
true religion jeans
burberry outlet
cheap toms
christian louboutin shoes
kate spade handbags
ugg boots
louboutin
canada goose uk
kate spade outlet
michael kors outlet uk
michael kors
coach outlet
mcm outlet
adidas originals
coach factory outlet
ray bans
mulberry bags
nike sb
prada outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails