Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bokeh and Beer Cozies

I finally took some time to play around with creating bokeh from our Christmas Tree lights. Christina posted some photos that were so cool. Of course, I had to try it for myself. I put my 50mm lens on and since I have to manually focus it I had no problems getting the effect.

DSC_0170_filtered




DSC_0179_filtered


I also wanted to give a quick Etsy shop update. As of today, I have made 72 sales. Wooo!Hoo! Things have started slowing down, which is not a bad thing. While I have sold other items, the coffee cozies seem to be the hottest item. To be honest I am getting a little tired of making coffee sleeves. So in an effort to expand my horizon beyond coffee cozies, I made some beer cozies last night. Check them out. They are a little bigger and more versatile. You can use them on many types of bottles even a Sigg or Klean Kanteen.


DSC_0183

8 comments:

Joanna said...

WOW - Congrats on the 72 sales! That is awesome. I knew you would be success there.

Ok, so with the bokeh....did you just cut out one hole (heart shape, whatever) and put it over your lens and shoot? I am so confused because I would think that would make one single heart shape.....Maybe I dont understand the whole thing....

Stacy said...

Congrats on getting so much traffic and sales on your site. Whoohoo! Those beer cozies are so cute. If I drank beer that would be on my list, for sure. :)

Love your bokeh shots, too. One of these days I shall try it!

MGF said...

Your business sounds like it is doing well. Congrats.

The beer cozzies made me laugh. Great idea.

Jaimee said...

That Bokeh is sooo cute!

And, seriously, you need to go to CHI-OMEGA Sorority chapters and advertise those....My Best Friend was a CHI-O (I wasn't ever in a sorority) and their "mascot" is an OWL...you would have sooo many girls dying for these on college campuses around the country!!

Kimberly said...

Great photos. Please explain how you do it. Love the beer huggers! Too cute.

Christina said...

Dang girl, 72 sales?! That's awesome! And, it looks like it's now 73 sales since the beer cozies are sold out now! So excited for you.

Isn't the bokeh fun to do? The Christmas tree shape is cute. :o)

Dawn said...

Congrats on the sales! The bokeh is really cool and if I drank beer I'd be all over those cozies....I'm with Jaimee on the sorority sales! Good idea!

:)

Cara said...

Congrats on the sales, you make such neat stuff.
I love the bokeh shots, I need to get on the ball and try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails