Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

In the Air

The last couple of days have been a whirlwind. My husband's grandfather passed away last week and the funeral was yesterday. We flew out REALLY early in the morning and made it there just in time for the visitation. Then we flew back home early this morning. I was only about an hour late for work. Man, I am tired.

Eventhough, I hardly have enough energy to type. I couldn't resist posting some photos from yesterday morning. Since we took off so early in the morning, I was able to get some shots of the sunrise. I took 73 photos and it is amazing to see the progression as the sun actually breaks through. Somehow I narrowed it down to these.

DSC_0040-edited_filtered




DSC_0057-edited_filtered




DSC_0076-edited_filtered




DSC_0083-edited_filtered

We are all going to miss Grandpa. He was a great man and will live on in our hearts.

Hopefully by tomorrow I will be back in the swing of things. I have so much I need to catch up on.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Jen, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you guys. It's so hard to lose a loved one right before Christmas. We've experienced that the last two years.

Those are some amazing photos. Very peaceful. I especially love the third one.

Joanna said...

I too am sorry for your loss. I can imagine you are all a little thrown off by the loss and your schedule right now. These are beautiful pictures. The second one confused me a bit....I thought it was the tail of another plane and being above the clouds like that, I thought it was a little too close for comfort. Then my brain corrected what I was seeing and I realized it was probably just the wing on your plane. The clouds look so puffy and blanket like. Great shot.

Cara said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. It such a rough time to lose a family member, I will keep your family in my prayers.
Your pictures are amazing and beautiful.

MGF said...

No wonder you are out of sorts.
I am surprised that you only missed an hour of work the next day. Wish you could of taken time to be with your family.
I know that work can be work sometimes.
Thanks for showing us a great sunrise. It is nice that you saw some beauty that morning.

Jaimee said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Grandpa! It is so hard to lose a loved one...

Those shots are amazing...especially that second one...

Christina said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Grandpa! It's sad to have that in the mix of the holiday cheer - my hubby's Grandma died the day before Thanksgiving.

Wow, these images are amazing! It must have been incredible to watch the sunrise from that vantage point. Makes the redeye flight almost worth it...almost!

Stacy said...

My Condolences to your family...so very sorry for your loss.

Beautiful shots from the plane - I love this series of shots.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails