Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Garden Update

DSC_0337-edited 2_filtered

Despite those pesky bunnies, we have had a little success with our garden this year. It has not been as plentiful as I imagined it in the early spring, but I am chalking it up as a learning experience.

DSC_0354

We did not get to eat one strawberry. The bunnies ate most of them or they were rotten on one side when they were ready to be picked. The bunnies enjoyed the spinach too so that was a disappointment. The pole beans, squash, and tomato plants are flourishing though.

DSC_0347

Between the CSA and our own plants, we have been eating lots of squash.

DSC_0344

Hopefully soon we will have lots of tomatoes and beans too.

DSC_0352

My herb garden has been pretty puny this year too, especially compared to last year. I do have some basil, cilantro, dill, thyme, and parsley but not much of it.

DSC_0342

Only one of our sunflowers survived after being unwatered for a week while we were on vacation. It looks like we should be seeing a flower soon. Then we can officially participate in the Great Sunflower Project.

DSC_0353

Here a couple of random shots from the yard.

I am not sure what these are, but I thought they looked cool.

DSC_0379



DSC_0377



DSC_0364

A few of the daylilies.

DSC_0363



DSC_0360

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep...although many of my years I chalk up to "learning experiences" one of these times it is going to actually take off, right? The same thing happened to our strawberries! But those good 'ol tomatoes are worth it!

Our sunflowers are almost there....but we seem to have lots of bees, I need to go out and record.

Dawn said...

Those pesky bunnies sure are cute!! I love the shot of the basil and am happy to hear some of your veggies will be able to be enjoyed by humans...let me know if you want the basil-blackberry crumble recipe I have, it's divine!
:)imo :))

Joanna said...

Those red and green ball looking things...we have those too and I have no idea what they are. It is so alien like in our woods. I love the cilantro shot and the closeup of the daylily. Great color!

Jaimee said...

I think it is so cool that you have so much stuff in your own yard! My yard will NEVER be like that - I have the blackest thumb in the world. We even have a yard guy to make sure we don't kill the bushes & stuff!

That cilantro looks amazing! LOVE cilantro!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails