Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Let the Refashioning Begin

There was not much sewing going on again this week, but I did manage to squeak out a little refashion. I cleaned out my drawers a couple of weeks ago and have had this box of clothes sitting in my floor since then waiting to be refashioned. I see potential in so many things. My goal is to try to make my way through some of the clothes and make them into something I or the kids will actually wear.

This t-shirt was a little too big and not very flattering. So I never wore it. I was browsing Old Navy's website and saw these cardigans. I thought they were cute and perfect for the spring. So I riffled through my pile and found this t-shirt. I folded it in half and cut about 4 inches out of the middle. Then I cut that material into strips to make two longs strips. I ruffled them. Then sewed them to the t-shirt. Then I added a snap to the top. I didn't have enough material to go all the way around the neck, but I am still happy with how it turned out.

DSC_0740-edited_filtered

The picture doesn't do the t-shirt cardigan justice really. I made my husband snap this really fast as I was running out the door. The lighting in our house is horrible. Anyway, can't wait to refashion some more t-shirts.

Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.

15 comments:

MGF said...

NICE JOB, I love that you always reuse things

Cara said...

you are so crafty!

Unknown said...

That is awesome...another great reuse idea from you that I'm going to have to steal!

Christina said...

That is super cute! You are so creative. I am finally starting to be able to follow a tutorial and reproduce something that way...but to be able to create something like that all on your own amazes me!

Kimberly said...

that's so pretty! love it!

Cheryl said...

How cute is that? When I get a bigger house I am SOOOO getting a sewing machine.

Stacy said...

Great idea, Jen! It looks really cute on you, too. :) I love ruffles, so that design is right up my alley. :)

Can't wait to see how you refashion the rest. I haven't done much of that, so I always like to see what other people do. I really want to go to Goodwill and find some stuff to refashion. One of these days I will get over there.

Joanna said...

I think it totally looks like the Old Navy cardigans! Great job Jen! Look at how much money you saved. :0)

Run Lori Run said...

Very cool! I love the ruffle.

Jaimee said...

That's awesome! How creative!

Leisa Hammett said...

Clever & impressive!

Lisa said...

This really makes me wish I could sew! This is very cute!

LeAnn said...

What a great idea! I wish I'd never given away my sewing machine.

Amy Jo said...

I love that refashion! I have a very similar shirt from Old Navy that is also too big and the neckline is too low. It would be perfect for this project! I'm going to do it! Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.6.27
christian louboutin shoes
manolo blahnik shoes
ralph lauren outlet
off white jordan 1
coach factory outlet
louboutin shoes
red bottom
mlb jerseys
adidas superstar
ralph lauren uk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails