Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slip Sliding into a Slump

I am in a serious sewing slump. I want to sew. I have a million projects I want to tackle, but time has not been on my side. I have been having thoughts of closing up the Etsy shop and saying no to wholesale orders. The only thing that is stopping me right now is the fact that it is really slow so I have not been busy with orders. I have so many sweaters and other supplies taking up a bunch of space. It is driving me a bit crazy. Really the only things I have been wanting to sew are gifts or items for me and the kids. I am not completely there yet, but I am feeling the need to simplify my life.

On a more positive note, I did find a little bit of time to make this cape for my best friend's little boy. He turns 6 this week. Thanks Carrie for your cape inspiration. It's a little wonky, but I was pleased with it considering it was my first try. I used this pattern, but did not make the collar quite as wide. Of course, Harper wants one now, but she wants one that is sparkly. We will have to see.

DSC_0708


Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh it is adorable! Yeah - for Super A!! I have some crazy sparkly pink satin (it is a nightmare to sew with, though) if you want to make a sparkly one for Harper! I'll pull it out and see if there is enough.

And I am totally with you on the time thing...I have all of the dresses that I was going to make for the shop...but I just want to sew for us and to just enjoy it for a bit. We'll see.

Stacy said...

Great job! I bet he will love his personalized cape. I'm pretty sure they sell sparkly fabric, so Harpers next on the list right?? ;)

I was in a serious slump in late December through most of February. I also have a ton on my list, too.

Kimberly said...

What an adorable cape! I know that it's going to be well loved by its owner. I can see why Harper would want one!

Joanna said...

That cape is fantastic. How could any kid NOT like it?! :0)

Dont you hate slumps? I hate it when I am uninspired in photography. It is so frustrating. I can imagine doing the wholesale orders can get tedious....but just remember how excited your were when you got your first one! Enjoy it being slow and maybe you will feel like getting back to it when another order comes in.

Christina said...

The cape is fabulous! I think I will try that pattern next time, since I've been less than thrilled with the ones I've made. I just don't love the way they hang. Velco next time too!

With all the crazy orders you've had, I sure can understand feeling burnt out. What a tough spot to be in...orders are good AND bad! Good luck finding the balance.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails