Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gettin' Into a Crafty Groove

This week was all about sewing. I start having major withdrawal symptoms if I go too long without sewing. I am finding that what I really want to sew is stuff for me or the kids though. The week before last I did manage to finish a small wholesale order.

This is Tabitha. She is living with a family in New Hampshire now.




DSC_1187-edited


I also made some patches for her to put on items that she sews to sell in her shop. It was a nice change of pace.


DSC_1188-edited



Then last week I made these bibs and burp clothes for a baby shower we attended on Saturday. You can't tell by the photos, but they are backed with chenille. It is REALLY hard to find decent fabric for boys, but I was pleased with how they turned out. I ended up using stuff I already had on hand, which is always a good thing.



DSC_1246



It was rainy on Saturday so I had the perfect excuse to sew a dress for myself so that I would have something to wear to the baby shower. I have had the material and idea for this dress for at least a month now. So I am glad that I had an excuse to finish it. I took photos so that I could do a tutorial, but the photos are horrible. Guess I will just have to make another one, right?

Here's a photo (see what I mean about horrible) before I made the belt. I used 2" wide elastic for the waist and it worked out perfectly.


DSC_1288-edited

Here's a photo that my husband took of me last night. Yes, I cropped my head out of the shot. I was all sweaty from working out and had the most awful expression on my face. I wore a sweater shrug with it on Saturday, which made me feel less self conscious of my flabby arms. Plus it dressed up the dress some.

DSC_1297-edited

This is what was happening on the other side of the camera, which would be why I had a crazy expression on my face.



DSC_1307-edited

Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Another really cute Owl! Those patches are very nice, too. Those change of pace kind of projects are good. :)

Your dress looks great on you, too! Well done. :)

Corey~living and loving said...

I'm always inspired by your stuff. the owl is toooo cute...and the dress....stunning.

have a happy day.

Unknown said...

Love Tabitha! She is so cute. And using up your fabric - but it still looks like you planned it for a little boy - perfect!

I LOVE the dress...I can't believe you are concerned about your arms, though...I think it looks great on you!

Christina said...

I'm always amazed by how much you accomplish, and how cute is all is. that dress - love it! Such a pretty design and it fits you absolutely perfectly. But flabby arms?? I don't seem them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails