Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The View From Here- Team Up Thursday

This week Cara chose our theme. She has been participating in a photography course and they recently explored taking photos from the ground level. She suggested using this as our theme this week and it sounded perfect to me.

I had visions of bare little toes in the grass or new sprouts from my herb garden, but sometimes things just do not turn out the way you envision them. There are no little sprouts in my garden yet and those little toes sure disappear fast.

When I opened Cara's shot, my first thought was WOW what a cool shot. It is such a cool perspective and contrasts well with my grass shot. I also love that it tells a story. No telling how many of these balls she has had to retrieve from under the car.

Ground Level dip

Head on over to Megan's for more Team-Up Thursday.

13 comments:

Cara said...

Lets just say that after getting the ball for the millionth time it dawn on me to take the shot.
Your shot make me want to nap right there in the lush grass under the tree.
I also thought about getting the little toes too, but atlas mine are just as fast.

Megan said...

i like the contrast of urban/pastoral with these two. i am tempted to jump over and run barefoot through your shot;).

noodle and lou said...

that beautiful grass is calling my name! love how lush and green it looks. and boy, can i relate to the ball shot! so great...perfect pair you guys!!! xox...jenn

HipMomma said...

I love your grass shot. Who does not just wanna take their shoes off right now. I like the contrast of soft/hard between the two. Nice job, team.

Christina said...

Okay, I just want to go sit in that lush green grass right now! Gorgeous shot, Jen...and very similar to what I had in mind originally for this theme!

Cheryl said...

Man, that must be one crazy game of golf you two are playing! Great shots.
I've been playing with portraits of my kids from the old worm's eye view.
Too much fun.

Unknown said...

Yeah...you definitely skipped Spring over there - that is some lovely looking SUMMER grass! Oh, I need a nap.

Corey~living and loving said...

so interesting that a few of you chose sort of the same theme...and what a great theme it is. :) love both of these shots. so very real...but people don't see that view too much.

Arizaphale said...

I think it's cool how you've both arranged them differently and it creates a whole different feel to the dip. With this one, the dark car makes the band across the top and sandwiches the two images closer together. I like the contrast of the bark of the tree with the grass on your shot too.

Maggie said...

Two great shots -- I love how green your grass is!

Run Lori Run said...

I like the contrast of the two photos too and the bright green color of the grass makes me think I need to fertilize my lawn...

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye said...

I love the "softness" of your shot....makes me want to lay down right now in the grass and take a nap.

Joanna said...

I could totally roll around in that grass. Look at how long it is! Love how you added the corner of the tree in there. It makes it more visually pleasing along with the great DOF. And I can relate to Cara and those balls!! Great job gals!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails